Sheesh, Almost Time Again!

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by katharina, Dec 13, 2006.

1. katharina

katharina Registered Member

My goodness, it seems that I was just finishing up the personal taxes and here it is almost time to be thinking about them again. The years fly, don't they?! Well, in case you're thinking it's not anywhere near 15 April, I like to get ours finished and out of my hair in February, with paperwork starting in January... and that IS soon here. :)

Darn, I just scared myself... we're less than 3 weeks from 2007! :-o

Mirage likes this.

2. Penguin

Penguin Registered Member

Yep, we do ours as early as possible here, too. Why wait till the last minute if you don't have to?

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I like to get mine done early too. It's never fun though and I've thought about it a few times already this month.

:(

4. taiarain

taiarain Registered Member

We have ours done mid-February after the W-2's and 1099's come in and get direct deposit so the return goes straight to the bank.

5. katharina

I've been meaning to do the direct deposit and never get around to remembering to do it. Maybe I'll finally remember it this year. I dread doing the state taxes worse than federal for some reason.

6. Penguin

Penguin Registered Member

We do ours in January - since we're self-employed, we don't have to wait for companies to send us stuff :)

7. katharina

Well now that's the way to do things! 'Cept that January's almost here and I'm not quite ready yet. :shake: I'll definitely do ours in February, though, and can't wait to get that behind us.

8. benji

benji New Member

I have a full time job and a thriving personal business on the side - taxes are no fun, but I've already compiled the information I need to compile the first eleven months of the year on my personal business, so hopefully this year won't be like herdign cats when it comes to tax prep. :-/

9. taiarain

taiarain Registered Member

I'm self-employed also, but earn most of my money as an independent contractor which means waiting for the 1099's.

10. katharina

I've had all our paperwork for over a week now. Nope, didn't do the taxes yet. I'll try to bring myself to do it this week sometime but I sure wish sometimes that I'd have an accountant. :nod: