Movies Sheen vs Douglas

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Kurt Douglas and Michael Douglas are father and son, and both have made lots of movies, Martin Sheen and Charlie Sheen are both father and son, and once again these two have made lots of movies. Between these two pairs which ones do you enjoy the most? Please give an explanation.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

For some reason I've often confused Michael Douglas and Martin Sheen. :lol: It doesn't help that Michael Douglas plays the president in one of my favorite movies, The American President; while Martin Sheen plays the president in one of my favorites TV series, The West Wing.

The one I remember from Kirk Douglas is Spartacus (1960, S. Kubrick). Charlie Sheen...I don't remember his movies at the moment. I just remember he looked good. So if it's a team, I'll pick the Douglas pair, but if it's solo, I'll pick Martin Sheen.

3. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

Your confusion is understandable: both THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT and THE WEST WING were written by the same guy: Aaron Sorkin. In a lot of ways, THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT almost seems like a feature film pilot for THE WEST WING. And it's been a while since I've seen THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT but I do believe that Martin Sheen plays one of The President's key staff members.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yes, he does. He's the chief of staff and also Douglas' best friend (best man at the wedding).

5. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

That's right! Sheen was basically playing an early version of Leo McGarry.