Sheamus

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

If you haven't seen RAW then run away as fast as you can...

Something I just wanted to mention in regards to Sheamus and his recent push to the WWE title match at TLC.

Its weird to me that after word got out that Sheamus is one of HHH's boys and workout partners Sheamus get pushed to the main event. Trips said it himself how much he liked Sheamus. He just left ECW then he beat the shit out of people for a couple of weeks and now he gets a WWE title shot against Cena.

A couple of months ago he lost to Goldust of all people. It took what, four weeks? I am one of those people who usually gives Triple H the benefit of the doubt but Anthony this would be a time where I wouldnt blame ya if you questioned this decision and Trips' power in the WWE. HHH doesn't have power, he's just another wrestler...right.

You want a push? Be nice to Hunter...he'll hook ya up. Dont get me wrong people this is fresh, this is new and I like Sheamus. But man it makes ya wonder, doesn't it?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well first off I believe Anthony is a fan of Sheamus.

Personally I think it's way to soon for him to get pushed this hard, I'm not a fan of him at all and I think there's more deserving wrestlers out there that deserved the shot to face John Cena. This is rediculous is my opinion, way to fast.

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I agree that being in with Triple H has definitely helped Sheamus get his push, put the reason Triple H was so high on Sheamus was because of his work ethics. He said that he was impressed by how hard Sheamus worked like showing up to shows he wasn't even scheduled at etc. I'm sure that's helped him get noticed in WWE. If he was buddies with Triple H but had terrible work ethics, i'm sure he wouldn't be getting a title shot.

Either way, i'm DELIGHTED to see Sheamus getting pushed this much. It's kind of surreal seeing someone with a dublin skanger accent being pushed so much in WWE. I think he's a fantastic wrestler too. He's got a unique look and he reminds me of Test in his wrestling style, who i was also a big fan of. Hopefully Sheamus' push lasts and it doesn't go the way of the Kozlov :p

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's awesome that he has a great work ethic and he shows up to show where he's not scheduled, but it doesn't make sense that he already gets a shot at the title. He's barely been part of the WWE. I know the same thing has happened to wrestlers like Lesnar and Lashley but I don't believe the WWE are high on Sheamus like they were on both of those guys.

5. Millz

My point was about Triple H and his power in the back...that's why I mentioned Anthony. I mean if this doesnt prove what HHH says, goes, then nothing will.

I dont wanna take anything away from Sheamus because I like him but damn, that was fast. Just a curious move considering HHH's standing in the company.

Figures they get someone fresh against Cena and I try and find something negative to talk about, lol.
    ------
    Yeah but Sheamus isn't going to win the WWE Title over Cena...just getting in that kinda match and interacting with CEna is going to do wonders for Sheamus' career. Sometimes its not about winning but how people see wrestlers. This can only help Sheamus in the long run me thinks.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  6. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Whatever the reason may be for Sheamus getting a title shot, i think it's refreshing to see such a young talented star in the main event picture for once. If he can put on a good showing against Cena (and as much as i might not like Cena, i know he'll put Sheamus over well) we could very well have a new main event star. Instantly made. I think that's great whatever way you look at it.

Plus i'm a huge fan of Sheamus anyway, and he's probably my favourite young superstar out of all the wrestlers in that breakthrough battle royale on RAW last night. He's already getting over extremely well as a heel by eliminating Kofi and putting Cena through a table, and it's always easier to get booed when you don't have an American accent :p

7. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

He doesn't deserve to vs Cena at the mainevent, at least not yet.

Kofi deserves it way more.....even Shelton Benjamin who's been with the company even longer.....

This whole Triple H thing angers me.....I like Sheamus, but he's too white...lol get a tan buddy!

8. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Haha, the Irish are known for their pale pasty skin anyway, nevermind a ginger Irishman! :p I think his look is brilliant. It definitely makes him stand out.

9. Millz

Kingston has a feud already...with Randy Orton. Had that not been going on I might agree with you.

Shelton, unfortunately, is on ECW so he wasnt eligible.

10. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Yeah but I can see king spinning off a ton of jokes against him lol....now I see why he was kicked in the head last week =D

I want kofi pushed, not Sheamus...but what can you do aye!