• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

She knew everything about sex at 7

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Here's what the singer Kesha tells in one of her interviews:

“I knew everything about sex before I was even seven,”

“My mom left me at home when I was 14 with a credit card, and a box of condoms and the keys to the car and said, Don't get pregnant and don't drink and drive.”
“I had to be responsible for myself,"
This thread is NOT about Kesha, but it's about any child at her age that knows everything about sex by then and any child who is allowed to drive at 14 with the excuse of being responsible.

Do you think her mom [or any mom] would do the right thing if they acted like that?

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Would she do the right thing? She's already done the wrong thing and proven herself to be an incredibly irresponsible, terrible parent. Your question kind of answers itself.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Obviously her mother was in the wrong but then again, Kesha is a celebrity and probably lying about half of it for PR's sake. Needless to say, it sounds like her mother would be arrested immediately for negligence.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Obviously her mother was in the wrong but then again, Kesha is a celebrity and probably lying about half of it for PR's sake. Needless to say, it sounds like her mother would be arrested immediately for negligence.
How would her mother get arrested if no one reported it to the police??
I guess no one knew about what her mom said/did at the time.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I think it was sort of obvious that that's what I was referring to :lol:

Obviously the cops aren't just going to bust down her door for no reason.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Ironically, of all the things she said, the one that shocks me the less is the one you used as thread title. :lol:

We have books here for young children that answers questions about different things (including sexuality) and reading that one can say you know about sex - what it does, how it's done (in theory), what happens after, the dangers, etc. Its layout is like a big comic book. Funny illustrations.

As for the other things...my former stepdaughter was sometimes left by her mom at home when she was 10 (she was responsible for herself). Even knowing after the fact, no relatives reported the mom to authorities because they didn't consider it as harmful as physically abusing the child or drugs, or that it's worse to take away her mom for such a thing, etc. So maybe Kesha was lying, but it's possible it's truth and other people knew about it but let her be because she "survived". Apparently only disasters could make some eyes see the bad in it.

Dabs

Registered Member
I don't think her Mom did the right thing, but then I also have to wonder if maybe Kesha isn't exaggerating a little bit~
But any Mother who would say such things to their 14 year old daughter, shouldn't even be a parent.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I don't think her Mom did the right thing, but then I also have to wonder if maybe Kesha isn't exaggerating a little bit~
But any Mother who would say such things to their 14 year old daughter, shouldn't even be a parent.
I don't think she was exaggerating. Looking at Kesha now, I can see how she was raised. I'm not trying to judge her but I wouldn't be surprised if her mom acted like that for real.

Dabs

Registered Member
I don't think she was exaggerating. Looking at Kesha now, I can see how she was raised. I'm not trying to judge her but I wouldn't be surprised if her mom acted like that for real.

Like you, I try not to judge people, but if this was all for real, then it's quite sad.
A young girl at age 14 should still be sharing secrets with girl friends and hop skotch, and hula hoops and dancing and all that stuff, I'm guessing anyway ~LoL~
But I don't know anything about Kesha, I don't follow her fame, and I couldn't even pick her out of a line up if she was placed before me right now.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
On the other hand, Kesha might have been a responsible little girl. A seven year who knows all about sex would naturally be expected to know about pregnancy, drinking and driving at the age of 14. The mother's behaviour is commendable given the maturity level of her daughter. You really think Kesha would have abstained from doing those things if her mother told her not to? It's more like the mother had accepted Kesha for what she was anyway and advised her to do it responsibly at the very least.