Shawn Marion To Boston?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Boston Globe -
At least one NBA executive figures the Celtics will trade the No. 5 pick before the draft rolls around June 28, and he sees Phoenix as a prospective partner.

The Suns are looking to dump salary and picks. New Phoenix president of basketball operations and general manager Steve Kerr has the No. 24, No. 29, and No. 59 picks. One of the scenarios raised by the executive had Shawn Marion and the $33.6 million and two years remaining on his contract headed to Boston for the No. 5 pick and Theo Ratliff, who has one year remaining worth $11.7 million.

The Celtics would throw in another player or two with one year left to make the money work

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46442/20070610/shawn_marion_to_boston/

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
There's a lot of talk about the deal and really it all comes down to the salary issue. I mean if I was Phoenix I would not trade him. No matter what he's doing amazing for the team and he's one of the best players for his position around and the chemisty he has with the team is unparalled.

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
There's always risks envolved when your talking about unproven talent the Suns could problably take this gamble and even if the get a bust their team is good enough to rebound from it, but im not sure its worth it.

C

Celtic Fan

I think the Suns see that they can't get past Dallas or the Spurs with their current line up so they're looking to shake things up and save some $$ if they're not heading for the finals anytime soon.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If the Celtics would get Marion, then they would be getting one of the best overall players in the league. Marion and Pierce would be very scary to face.

But this is just another rumour, and yes the Suns are trying to shake things up but I dont think there ready to get rid of Marion, and I believe that Nash doesn't want him to leave, and they should listen to Nash because he's there team.