Shawn Kemp

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Denver Post - Denver Post writer Marc Stein has confirmed that Shawn Kemp, at least physically, does look like his former All-Star self, and is still eyeing a return to the NBA. Kemp, 37, has shed 70 pounds from his 340 pound frame.

"What made it not fun was carrying around two bodies," Kemp said. "You can play at a high weight. You often feel like you can do things mentally, but physically you can't do it. That's what was going on for me. The instincts and all that were there, but I couldn't get the job done. Athleticism, conditioning, that is not a problem now."

Kemp is particpating in the Nuggets free-agent training camp that ends Monday.

"It's humbling, but it's fun," Kemp said.

F

Forbidden

Well, that could only make him better. He's getting pretty old, but at least he'll be more agile.

S

scottmcgrady

I don't think it would work because he will most likely come in to a team and want to have the ball and score so i don't think it would work and he wouldn't be in the league too long until he would have to retire. I think it could mess up the dynamics of the team if he comes along but if he does come in and he isn't selfish, he may be able to make it work. It would be interesting.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally think he can help a team especially that he lost 70lbs, when he last played he was to big could'n't really move around, but now he's more agile and probably can dunk the ball, I say someone will sign him and he will help that team in lots of ways.

S

showtime

i think charlotte, toronto, atlanta,... . these teams would sign him, but no good team. he too old and no one can say that he can play good. most probably new york will sign him, because they sign everyone!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Denver Post - Shawn Kemp hasn't played in the NBA since the 2002-2003 season as a member of the Orlando Magic , but he is optimistic that he will be a member of the Denver Nuggets for the 2006-2007 campaign.

"Things are looking very promising," said Kemp, 36. "I got a chance to talk to (Karl) before I left, and things are looking good. I'll say that much. I'm hoping so. I think the opportunity will definitely be there.

"I think the situation definitely would be good for me, because I've worked with a lot of guys in the Denver Nuggets ' organization. I think the chances are very good that I'm going to be a Denver Nugget next (season)."