Shaving in wrestling

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by viLky, Jul 13, 2008.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Does anybody have an answer to this: are wrestlers FORCED to shave parts of their body or do they have a choice whether to leave it hairy?

I'm wondering because it looks like the hairy wrestlers have to wear a top if they're chest is hairy. Is that to protect them or the opponent in case they slip? To protect them from having their hairs pulled out accidentally? Other reasons?

One of the many strange questions that are yet unanswered. :sick:

2. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

I can' say ive ever really thought about it to be honest. The closest to thinking about wrestlers body hair ive got is when A-train got the "shave your back" chants

viLky likes this.
  3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Ahhahaha... I remember him! Yes, you're right, he DID have a hairy back. Hmm... perhaps he was forced to shave or get fired? Na, just kidding.

If A-Train did it then I guess it's not forced or policy. That brings me to another question: why do it? Does it make wrestling a bit easier? Better aerodynamic?

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It may have to do with complaints from other wrestlers as well. I'd imagine it's also easier for them to remain clean without so much body hair. But yeah I can't say I've thought about this much, either.

5. pus_in_boots

pus_in_boots Registered Member

What I want to know is how some of them can literally prance about with another man in their underwear on national television.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

When you're paid $100,000-$1,000,000 per year, I bet you'd "prance" around too.

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I think its just personal preference to be honest. Scott Hall always had a hairy chest and nobody ever really said anything about it.

I bet Vince would prefer they did shave everywhere in site because it "looks better" but I doubt he has rules in place on it.

8. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

I'm going to agree with KD it is more than likely personal preferance, and also would like to add this is the first time in my almost 31 years of life I have ever read/heard this question.

9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

That's what I'm here for, to bring wacky, corny questions. ^_^

Vince probably does prefer them shaved. Looking at some of the wrestlers and imagining them unshaven doesn't seem as good looking as the shaved image. Don't tell anybody I said this, though!

10. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

This is a perfect vilky thread...I personally get a kick outta them. YOu definitely add something to this forum that I enjoy. It may be wacky but it still gets people talking!

viLky likes this.