Shaun Alexander

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

You guys must know more then I do, because Americans get way more NFL coverage then Canadians do. So my question is this. Why hasn't anyone signed Alexander yet? Do you believe his career is over. I would expect that at least one team would have taken a chance on him, even if it's for a back up role.

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Let's not also forget Cedric Benson and Travis Henry dont have jobs either! I'm not really sure the reasoning behind nobody signing Alexander. He hasnt retired and I think he can offer a team something as a backup. He's 31 so he's not down quite yet.

Benson baffles me...this guy was a high first round pick.

3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Alexander hasn't been signed because he wants too much money. Teams have had discussions with him. But he thinks he is worth more money than he is worth.

Travis Henry probably could be signed but Benson did nothing but suck at Chicago he is not terribly talented.

4. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

What he said. After his less than stellar year last year, some recent health problems, and his increasing age, the rest of the teams see him as basically a backup. He, however, feels that he is still a first stringer and wants to be paid as such. The Bengals talked with him not to long after he was released and that was the main reason it didn't go anywhere.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Benson makes me mad, he was a great running back at Tennessee, one of the best to ever played there, he was given plenty oppurtunities to show off his talent in Chicago, but he never excelled. I've always been a fan of his, and hopefully, he'll be in the NFL again one day.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Alexander fell off pretty hard and is too expensive. There's a ton of quality running backs in the NFL right now and some of the older veterans aren't getting much of a chance.

7. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I think it was Texas but that's besides the point. I dont get how someone can be that high of a draft pick and suck so much. Its usually QB's that that happens to and not runningbacks.

8. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

What drafts have you been watching? 50% of the players in the first round usually can't convert into the NFL and turn into mediocre players or busts.