• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sharia Law In America

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know how much of this is true but if it is its stupid.

You shouldn't be able to opt out of veterans day in lieu of a muslim holiday. That's a slap in the face to every soldier that every died or had to fight in a war.

Maybe if you can't even so much as touch pork because of your religion you shouldn't be working in a grocery store. The grocery store or any business shouldn't have to accommodate your religion.

If you have a problem picking up a blind man with a seeing eye dog then you shouldn't drive a cab. You shouldn't be allowed to discriminate against the handicapped because of your religion. No one is asking you to pet the dog, just have a little respect for others that don't share your beliefs.

I don't care what the muslim mans beliefs and practices were if a woman is being attacked by her ex husband she should be allowed a restraining order. She does not belong to him. What if he decides she needs stoned to death?

That is the one I'm having a hard time believing because its rape. I can't see a court being okay with rape.

I'm all for people being free to practice their religion but not when their beliefs are forced off on me or accommodated by our courts.

Thoughts?

Sharia Law in America - Current Status

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
Take that one to a court of law in America and just see which side the jury takes.

Much of Islam is simply incompatible with our system. If you believe in Allah and believe that you have the right to beat/kill your wife because of it then you simply aren't allowed to practice your religion fully. If you believe that you must kill your children if they don't profess the name of Allah then you aren't allowed to practice that regardless of religious beliefs. Tough, get over it.

Islamic people not being allowed to touch pork? Yeah, right. Don't work that job if you are unwilling to do that.

Would anybody be upset if a Christian woman got a job at a strip club but said that that particular element of the job went against her religious beliefs and therefore she was exempt? Crude example but you get my meaning.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They would laugh at her for taking a job like that then complaining about it.

Which is what I am doing over the supermarket checker and cab driver wanting exemptions. The ex wife, if that is true, I just feel sorry for her.

I'm fine with other religions but don't expect me to give a hoot about your beliefs outside of just curiosity.

dDave

V.I.P.
Or a Christian baker who won't provide a cake for a gay wedding.
They're just not the same... They aren't. The baker is a business owner (and if you're not the business owner and disagree with it then you are free to quit), the business owner absolutely has the right to go one way or the other on that issue.

It's not at all the same as signing up to do a job that obviously requires you to do something against your beliefs (such as touching pork) and then saying you won't do it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Just so we're clear here, you're okay with business owners discriminating against others?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think its time we stop considering religion at all in our court system or schools. We have so many different religions in this country that could turn into a mess.

If you refuse to pick up a blind man with a service dog or bake a cake for a gay couple that is discrimination. Either discrimination is against the law or it isn't and everyone is free to discriminate.

Then what about the Jewish rabbis giving herpes to babies during the circumcision ritual which has killed the baby. If anyone else did that they would be in jail but not a rabbi because of religious beliefs.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Any judge that supports rape should be disbarred. The law is all about the law and not about religion. Rape is illegal in this country.
If Muslims dont like our laws then they shouldnt even be here. 200 Muslims returned to the UK after fighting for ISIS and now the UK has to make new anti-terrorist laws. Imo letting Muslims live here is just stupid. It creates serious issues that cause our freedom to be limited.
In a word F sharia law!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
If you refuse to pick up a blind man with a service dog or bake a cake for a gay couple that is discrimination. Either discrimination is against the law or it isn't and everyone is free to discriminate.
That's my point exactly. Discrimination is still discrimination whether it's supported by religious beliefs or not, the same way murder is still murder regardless of what a particular religion says about it. Doesn't matter if you're a business owner or simply just an employee. Everyone should be held to the same standards, and religion can not be used as a means to justify discrimination, nor does it exempt one from the law.

Imo letting Muslims live here is just stupid.
Wait, what? Are you saying Islam should be banned here? (I don't actually know where you live, but I've always assumed you live in the US. Sorry if I'm wrong.)

dDave

V.I.P.
Just so we're clear here, you're okay with business owners discriminating against others?
Wow... It almost sounds immoral and wrong when you put it like that... :rolleyes:

We've been down this road many times before. So... it's your turn to explain WHY it's discriminatory for a Christian baker not to bake a cake for a gay wedding. WHY is it immoral to deny them service? Why not also make a legal argument? Hmm?

Last edited: