Shared or personal computers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pro2A, May 23, 2010.

?

Personal or shared PC?

1. Personal

94.4%
  2. Shared

5.6%
  1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Back when I was growing up we had one shared family computer. Mainly due to the fact that computers ran around $2000 bucks in the 90's. We all just shared one.

Now days it seems as if most households have multiple computers, one for each person. It is probably due to the fact that personal computers have dropped significantly in cost.

Do you still share a computer with other family members, or does everyone have and use their own PC?

2. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

When I was growing up we had a family PC that everyone shared, but we all had our own user accounts on them. I had a password on mine and so did my brother.

Now I have a laptop of my own and so does my brother, my parents just use the PC.

Impact likes this.
  3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Everyone has their own. We had a shared 'family' computer a long long time ago, in the 90s. I barely remember it.

Now, me and my brother have a PC and a laptop (though, the PCs 'died' a while ago and don't get used any more. I don't think mine even turns on lol), my mum has her laptop for work, and my dad has three computers, one PC for work, one for personal use, and another laptop for work. His job is heavily based around computers.

Impact likes this.
  4. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

When we were growing up, we had to share a computer also. Now a days, we each have our own personal computers. Funny thing is I would IM my brother who is just in the next room over instead of getting my lazy ass up to tell him something. :lol:

Impact likes this.
  5. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Thank the heavens those days are over!! We also used to have one shared PC in the house in the 90's. Admittedly though, that was mainly only for my brothers use, I think at most I used it for Tetris?

Now everyone has their own laptops and/or PC's. That is the way to go. I would never be able to share my laptop with anyone now! No way!

6. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

At my parents house, we still have a shared computer/desktop that anyone in the family can use. I use it as a backup where I keep my resume at just in case anything were to happen on my laptop. Also, that's where I play my computer games because the graphics card on the desktop works best on the family computer.

Besides that though, I have my own laptop along with each of my parents. Mostly for work or whatever else.

~Shwa

Impact likes this.
  7. JessEpiphany

JessEpiphany Registered Member

We share one in our house. I don't really use it often enough to warrant getting another one at this point. Same with hubby.

8. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

My parents are computer illiterate so only me and my younger brother have our own laptops.

We never had a computer during the 90's, couldn't really afford one, I did all my personal stuff at school!!

I love the privacy I get with my own computer, sharing one would be a nightmare!

9. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

We always had a shared family computer with separate user accounts back when I was younger. Now there is the family computer that everyone else uses, and I have my own laptop. It would make more sense to for everyone to have their own laptop, as there are enough fights about who wants to use the computer.

10. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm the only one using the computer in my family. So, we have one PC and not shared.
    Even If I had siblings, I don't think we'd buy another PC. Maybe we'd have one laptop +.

Impact likes this.