Share your mother's day gift

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StroShow, Apr 28, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

In North America mother's day is on May 9th so it's coming up pretty soon, I've read somewhere that it already happened in the UK more your still welcome to participate in the thread. You have any mother's day gift ideas then feel free to post them in this thread.

2. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

First of all: I hate Mother's Day and Father's Day. My parents are divorced and both remarried, so I have two of each parent, and everything is always stressful. >.<

My mom and I both love M&Ms, so I am getting her some personalized ones. However, "Happy Mother's Day" has too many characters to fit on on M&M, so they are going to say "Mother's Day! Yay!" and "I love you" instead haha.

I have no idea what to get for my stepmom. I never know >.<

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I always suck at Mothers Day gifts. Usually me and my 'sister' will go halves in a present for her mum (my foster mum). This year i'm thinking i'll take her somewhere nice for dinner, but i'm really not too sure.

4. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Mothers day and my mom's birthday are very close together most years. So on a weekend in the middle, I just take my mom out to dinner at a nice restaurant. Nothing complicated.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Yeah, mother's day in the UK was back in March (I think?)

I got her this bottle of champagne:

[​IMG]

Corny, I know. :lol:

Funny though, I had to transport it from Leeds to London. So, being the clever person that I am, I just put it straight into my suitcase and promised myself to be careful when wheeling the thing around the train station. Little did I know my trains were to be cancelled and I'd have to switch over a few times to catch connecting ones, which would all arrive in the station just minutes before I was due to get there. Lots of running down flights of stairs dragging my suitcase behind me took place [it's too heavy to carry]. bump bump bump. I still don't know to this day how that bottle survived in the bottom of my bag.

Oops, sorry. If you haven't read that^ yet, don't bother. :hah:

6. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Same here Smelnick...it's usually two-three week difference but I do buy two different gifts, Her brithday present is always something she wants...most likely gift certificates of some sort and i never change her Mother Days gift...which is flowers.

7. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Mother's Day is March the 8th over here. So it's gone.
    Also, we don't have Father's Day over here.

Anyway,
    I bought her a manicure

[​IMG]

and a nail care set
    [​IMG]

8. JessEpiphany

JessEpiphany Registered Member

I got my MIL a lovely collage frame which holds 8- 4"x8" photos. In the center is a plaque which reads "grandchild are a blessing" (she has 8 grandchildren) I've also ordered her a grape scented Gold Canyon candle.

I will get my mother some chocolates and maybe a lovely rhododendron or something for her yard. Haven't fully decided yet. She has a lot of shade in her yard... maybe a hydrangea would be better than a rhodo? *shrugs*

9. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

yep, Already happend here in the UK. My daughter bought me a beautiful citrine, sunstone and sterling silver ring and made me a card with loads of glitter and glue on it and my husband made me breakfast in bed, bought me some of my favorite flowers, a Sunday newspaper and a lovely card and tickets to a Play.

I've got a step-mother and my mother to buy for, so as usual I will be sending my step-mother some flowers and for my mother I've purchased her a book, some art supplies and I made her a bracelet made of rose quartz.

10. nicolenicky

nicolenicky Registered Member

i usually just take my mom out to dinner or breakfast nd sum flowers.. she likes little simple things like that...