Shaq vs. Phelps

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Mirage, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Shaq went up against Michael Phelps recently in a swimming contest. The funny thing is that Shaq only had to go half the distance for each race, so in order for Phelps to win he had to swim twice as fast as Shaq.

Just watch:

Shaq Vs. Phelps - ESPN Video - ESPN

This is pretty random. :lol:

2. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

That link is dead, you might want to put it in again, I actually want to see this :lol:

That's a crazy idea though, I would have never thought that this would happen.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think stuff like this interest people to be honest with you. We all know that Shaq doesn't stand a chance against Michael Phelps, but it will be fun to watch him try. I haven't gotten the chance to watch the video yet, but I'll try to watch it when I get home.

4. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

No way Shaq would ever own Michael Phelps in any sort of water-related sport. Period.

5. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

he may only have to go half the distance.... but he's easily got Twice the resistance. More surface area = more friction, so off the bat it looks like Shaq may have an advantage... but when you're built like a dolphin like Phelps is.... I dont even think a submarine stands a chance in a 40 yard dash situation :hah:
    ------
    I have to admit I watched it... and I was literally amazed at how close it actually was. I'm just gonna make the assumption that Phelps wasnt going at Olympian Speed :hah: That was Promo-Phelps, he was all hopped up on weed or something lol :rofl:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

This is actually a show on ABC called Shaq VS. Basically each week Shaq competes against pros in other sports. I saw part of the one where he was against Ben Roethlisberger. It seemed pretty lame so I never watched them actually compete.

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I've seen all of the episodes, minus the Big Ben one (which is like, 3 or 4). It was pretty interesting to see Shaq try to hit home runs and box. He had to hit over the little league fence, and Albert Puljols had to hit regular homers.

Funny thing was, Shaq didn't win a single event until he played Phelps. He beat Michael going 25, while Michael was going 50, but not by much though. Phelps won in the relays (him vs. shaq + women's medal winners). That was pretty insane. Finally, Phelps came form behind to beat Shaq in the final one on one race (I forget the specifications), by .2 seconds or something. I'm pretty sure Phelps had a 5 second handicap in one of the events.