• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Shaq to interview for Magic GM

BigBob

Registered Member
A blast from the Orlando Magic's past has emerged in the team's search for a new general manager -- Shaquille O'Neal.

O'Neal will meet with the Magic next week to discuss the GM opening, multiple sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

O'Neal, who is in his first season as an analyst for TNT, spent the first four seasons of his career as the Magic's center starting in the 1992-93 season. He led the league in scoring with 29.3 points a game with Orlando in 1994-95.

O'Neal isn't the only recognizable name on Orlando's radar.

Jerry Sloan has expressed interest in the open Charlotte Bobcats and Magic coaching positions.
I think it would be great. I actually expected him to try and go for a coaching position for a team.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not sure how I feel about this. Shaq knows basketball, but, I believe he should least be an Assistan General Manager at first then go for a General Manager spot. That said, it would be interesting to see him handle Dwight Howard. They've exchanged words in the past.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BigBob NBA 15
Mirage NBA 5
Dragon NBA 5
Mirage Sports 6
BigBob NBA 6