Shaq O'Neal

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

We all know that shaq just got surgery and he'll be out for 4-6 weeks which hurts the Heat franchise. The question is do you think Shaquille O'neal will come back to the team in tip top shape? If not will it be too late for Miami Heat to recover and make a run and get a top 3 seed in the pretty soft Eastern Conference. Or there good enough to be a low seed.

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

He is going to be away for a long time, and when he returns, I don't think he will be good as he was before, When you get a injury, you never recover from it, he will still feel some pain.

BUT, I hope he gets in the best shape...Heat needs him and he needs them.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

If he hasn't been playing ever since the injury, then he's not going to be in top physical shape for sure, but he only dunks and jump hooks. The only thing that might really suffer are his freethrows. Plus, he's getting old, and recovering gets harder with age.

However, they still have people like Jason Williams and Posey that can step up. It's still early in the season to count anybody out.

4. Babe_Ruth

I am defnitly not counting them out. There too good of a team. But you brought up a point that I don't agree with. You say he only does jump hooks and dunks which is true, but he does need to run up and down the court to keep up with Dwyane Wade and the rest of the crew. To give more space for Dwyane Wade to operate threw the seems and get to the rim easier and less abuse.

I also heard today that Pat Riley challenged Shaquille to be in shape when he comes back to the team, so they can start winning right away. I don't think that's possible because he's such a huge stature, and with a knee injury you can't work on your cardio and keep a decent weight. We all know he's come back before but this time will be harder for him because of his age. That's my opinion.

5. bballinyao06

bballinyao06 Guest

I doubt that Shaq will come back from his injury in tip-top shape. Every season that he gets injured and returns, he is never in tip-top shape. It's as if Shaq takes a mini vacation or something when he gets injured and doesn't return to top playing form until a few weeks after his return.

But then again, I'm sure that the Heat will have players like Dorell Wright, Udonis Haslem, Alonzo Mourning, Antoine Walker, James Posey and Jason Williams to help Wade out so that he doesn't have to carry the load all by himself. I'm actually kind of surprised and it makes me respect him much more that Wade went from playing in the offseason (playoffs and then the FIBA World Championships) and you would think that he and his body is tired from all of it but he keeps going without complaining. That's a true dedication right there.

6. HitBattousai

HitBattousai Guest

They'll probably pull a 4th or 5th seed. The East is so terrible that as bad as they've started, they're in the playoffs right now.

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

The East isn't THAT bad.....

and yes, I forgot about running up and down the court. That might be important.....@_@

8. Babe_Ruth

Well so far the only person's who's been picking up the slack and giving the Miami a chance as to be the one and only Dwyane Wade. Antoine Walker, Alonzo, Jason Williams and James Posey hasn't really donc much this year, and that's why the heat have been struggling. When Shaq will come back in tip top shape they'll start producing again because they'll get all those open looks again.

The eastern conference is pretty bad right now but they'll pick it up. There won't be as much teams under 500 that's for sure. The Heat should win their division when there all healthey again.

9. HitBattousai

HitBattousai Guest

10. Babe_Ruth

Like I said the Eastern Conference is pretty bad right now and he does have to right bask it, but he as no cloue what he's talking about. The team that he's bashing will all improve. The East will never be as good as the West any time soon, but we won't be an embarassement for long I guarantee it.