Shaq: I'd Protect Gay Teammate

K

Kidd

On Friday, Shaquille O'Neal said that if he had a gay teammate, he would protect him.

"I was always taught as a youngster to never judge people, so I never judge people and to each their own," O'Neal said Friday during All-Star Weekend media sessions.

"If he was my teammate and people ridiculed him and jumped on him, I would probably have to protect him."
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44752/20070217/shaq_id_protect_gay_teammate/

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hate Shaq has a player, but has a human being he's such a great guy, funny person, respects people, and now this. I am glad that Shaq came out with this because what Hardaway said was plainly stupid, and it didn't represent the league in a good way when he came out and said that on the radio. Hopefully what Shaq said help a bit.

I

Ibby

I wonder if everybody would be this upset if hardaway said he hated people with nose piercings.

B

bballinyao06

I'm glad to see that Shaq stepped up and said this... What Hardaway said was stupid and unneccesary. I respect what Shaq did. He's standing up for the little people or the people with a small voice and he definitely is trying to make amends for what Hardaway did. Nice move by Shaq.