Shanahan injured after big collision

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Forbidden v2, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Forbidden v2

Forbidden v2 Guest

2. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Hard blow to the Rangers. Hopefully he will be okay. If he is not then the Rangers will have a huge void to fill right now during their stretch run. With him in the lineup they have a chance otherwise I think they really need other players to step it up or they will once again be on the outside looking in so to speak and won't be in the playoffs.

3. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

My heart stopped when this happened. I truly began shaking as he lay on the ice not moving for several minutes. Latest word is they think he has a concusion and do not know when he will return. He's a great player and a great man, I hope this wasn't a career ender.

4. andrew_bishop

Well you hate to see this happen to any player but I guess its the risk players have to face when they play this great game. I agree I hope that this guy is not gone forever because in my opinion he is one of the all time greats and I think he should go out in style and not on a stretcher. I might not be a Ranger fan well a big one but I still like the team to a small degree but anyway im a big Shanahan fan and to see this guy done for would be a sad day.

5. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

Shanahan deserves to go out gracefully. If he goes out b/c of this injury it'll be sadder then Richter being forced to retire for concussions; and that was truly sad.

6. andrew_bishop

That was a rough time for the Ranger fans and also to have to see Blackburn who was going to develop into a good goalie have to leave the game would be sad and I hope that we do not have to add Shanahan to that list because he does not deserve to have his ticket punched and for somebody to take his spot. He might have only went there this year but already he is a big part of the team and would be greatly missed.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

That was a big hit, and when I saw Shanny on the not getting up after hit, I was like this must be big, and it was because he was put on the injured reserve because he got a concussion. It was a big hit, but didn't expect him to get a concussion from this. He was the leader of this team and he'll truly be miss.

8. Forbidden v2

Forbidden v2 Guest

I actually saw the hit today, and I was just shocked. His head buckled so hard, I seriously like jumped when I saw it. Definitely one of the worst collisions I've ever seen.

9. andrew_bishop

Yeah it was a scary hit to watch but I don't think this is the end of him. He is a tough guy and he has been through alot during his career and I think that he has some wear and tear left as long as he don't get hit like that anymore. Truly scary to watch and I'd imagine alot of people had their heart drop when they saw it but just gotta pull through it and hope for the best.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree with you Andrew. Brandan Shanahan never had any problems with concussion in the past so this is not a case like Eric Lindros or Keith Primeau where they have re-occuring problems during their playinh career. Shanny will come back, and should come back even stronger. But the question is when will he come back? I guess will have to wait and see.