• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Shameless (US) [SPOILERS]

Konshentz

Konshentz
Shameless (2011 TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just saw the promo for it (which I am still looking for to post in here). I guess it's based on a UK show of the same name and stars William H. Macy and Emily Rossum. The promo looks really good and I'll defiinitely be tuning into the pilot to see how it is.

Has anyone else seen the promos?

Last edited by a moderator:

twilitezone911

Registered Member
" shamless " series premiere next sunday, january 9, i going to watch, it's does look good. anything that william h. macy does, it's always damn good to watch.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Shameless

YouTube - Shameless Trailer

So this is a new show on Showtime. Anyone seen it yet? I watched the first two episodes and found it pretty entertaining. William H. Macy is so good at playing weird, crazy guy roles. Seems that's all he ever is. :lol: He's hilarious. But yeah, check it out if you haven't seen it.

Konshentz

Konshentz
http://www.generalforum.com/drama/shameless-us-78239.html

It probably belongs here instead of drama, right? Although it seemed to be a mix, more of a dramedy, like Californication & Weeds... but I could be wrong.

Damn thread got buried over there. Haha.

The trailer looked really good... I have the first couple of episodes DVR'd. Just waiting to get a few more, so I can sit down and watch a few back-to-back.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Sorry, I'll move this into your thread. I swear I looked to see if there was a thread for it already. But yeah, it's definitely kind of a dramedy, with more comedy than drama.

Edit: It was in Drama. No wonder I couldn't find it. :lol:

Last edited:

faranthas

Does America have to remake EVERYTHING? Can Americans not cope with watching something that shows a slightly different culture.
I've recently seen that they have remade Skins too. The Office, destroyd. An attempt, which got blocked to remake Spaced. All programmes which are based very much on English culture, and I fail to see how they can be remade to any quality based in america.
Shameless would be a completely different show unless it is based on a council estate in Manchester.
It would be like the UK attempting to remake 90210 or desperate housewives.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Shows are typically funnier if you are immersed in that culture. Most Americans probably don't understand British humor. I don't see the big deal in remaking shows for the American audience. If you don't like them, don't watch them. Other countries make their own versions of American shows as well.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I just got done watching the pilot. Great first episode. This will definitely be a show I keep up with. Hopefully ratings are good and the show gets a second season.

Impact

V.I.P.
From the trailer it looks like something I could enjoy. Looks like this could be the next thing i'll watch after i'm done with my currents series.