• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Shame on MSNBC

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
So I was switching to MSNBC during the Republican National Convention (because for kicks I like to hear what the brain dead Rachel Maddow and that fat guy say because they really are stupid) and I could not help but notice they did not show a single speech by a minority.

They cut away from the convention when Ted Cruz took the stage. They stayed on commercial all during Rep. Arthur Davis' speech, and when Puerto Rican's Gov. Luis Fortuno's wife Luce took they stage Rachel and the fat guy were making some of their inane brainless remarks. Not to mention they ignored Brian Sandoval and Mia Love. Yeah, and it's the Republicans that are racist:shifteyes:

Anyone else notice this? (I'm not sure if anyone else did because frankly Saved By the Bell Reruns gets more viewership than MSNBC).

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I was working last night and missed it but I did read about MSNBC's coverage. Matthews is absolutely unhinged lately. Its all race card, all the time with him. He must be pulling the strings at MSNBC. He's just an idiot for thinking that approach will help Obama.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yeah, that guy, I couldn't remember his name. I'm sure he'll get tingly feelings up and down his leg during the DNC. I agree he's really become unhinged. I don't really care what their personal feelings are but they should at least try and report fairly. I'll be watching MSNBC for a bit during the DNC just to see the hypocrisy of it all.

Alta

Registered Member
I stayed on Fox for the majority of the convention but I did switch over to msnbc at one point only to hear Chris Matthews bitch about "voter inequality". I switched back immediately because it's disgusting to see how biased they are. At least FNC has people that differ in opinion on the panel to discuss things. On the other hand I was impressed by the speakers last night and thought that some independent voters might have been swayed to Romney.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Matthews worked for Carter and also for Tip O'Neil I think. First, times were different back then. Back then if a news celeb came out and said a politician or a political party was racist, then people took that at face value. Secondly, he's been around enough to know just how much trouble Obama is in. I wonder when he's alone at night if this election reminds him of the failed Carter re-election. I heard the Matthews interview with the RNC head and it was just awful. Matthews called the guy a racist over every single word the guy said.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I stayed on Fox for the majority of the convention but I did switch over to msnbc at one point only to hear Chris Matthews bitch about "voter inequality". I switched back immediately because it's disgusting to see how biased they are. At least FNC has people that differ in opinion on the panel to discuss things. On the other hand I was impressed by the speakers last night and thought that some independent voters might have been swayed to Romney.
I was switching back and forth also and I started noticing that when a minority was speaking, they weren't showing them, which is disgusting. I was mostly switching because 4 years ago during the RNC Maddow made the comment in regards to the Morrison v. US SCOTUS decision that "Republicans don't care about protecting women" which not only showed her ignorance of the decision, but her stupidity as well. I heard Mathews and Maddow both bitch after every speaker for a little while just to see what moronic comments they were going to make next. But what really got to me was the absense of any minorities in their broadcasting, which shows their racial bias.

And I saw that MIT, it was awful. How anyone can take that race-baiter seriously about anything other than where the best donut shop is is beyond me.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Democrats are not a bunch of racist. Some are I'm sure but so are some republicans. msnbc may be biased but so is fox and all the others. People only notice it when they are not biased in their favor. Quit frankly I wish they would all stick to the facts.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I think Fox is a little more fair with it though. Fox did have an announcer last night call Ann Romney a "Corporate Wife" and complain that she was too rich. Juan Williams was just expressing his opinion, I'm not knocking him for saying that. I'm just saying that Fox was at least somewhat balanced with their coverage.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Democrats are not a bunch of racist. Some are I'm sure but so are some republicans. msnbc may be biased but so is fox and all the others. People only notice it when they are not biased in their favor. Quit frankly I wish they would all stick to the facts.
Those at MSNBC certainly appear to be. The problem is it's those on the left that play the race card, not the right. You don't hear Republicans saying "You don't like Obama because he's black", that would make no sense since they don't favor him. You continually hear "you want to cut welfare because you don't like black people" or comments like Kanye West saying George Bush doesn't like black people, yet it's MSNBC that purposefully left out minority speakers. The thing is, the left is the political side of the spectrum that is hung up on race, not the right.

Fox News certainly leans right, but four years ago I don't remember any of them bashing EVERY SINGLE SPEAKER like MSNBC just did (expect the minorities because they ignored them). I guess we'll see how they cover the DNC.
------
I think Fox is a little more fair with it though. Fox did have an announcer last night call Ann Romney a "Corporate Wife" and complain that she was too rich. Juan Williams was just expressing his opinion, I'm not knocking him for saying that. I'm just saying that Fox was at least somewhat balanced with their coverage.
Really good point. Fox had Juan Williams last night and has people like Kirsten Powers and Bob Beckel on a regular basis. There is no such balance on MSNBC.

Last edited: