• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sexist Ed Shultz: "slut"

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Its my belief that folks on the left that are quick to label Conservative talk radio 'hate speech' with no proof do so because liberal commentators really do fit that bill and they assume the right acts the same way.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
:facepalm:

I usually like Ed Schultz, and I don't really think of him as a "left-wing nutjob" like Randi Rhodes, so this is really disappointing. Way to go, Ed. :disbelief:

He needs to apologize for this and choose his words more carefully. And turn his filter on.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I was agreeing with you until your typical blind partisan hatred showed up.

He's just another talking head trying to shock his listeners into reaction because that's how you make money and get more airtime. So yeah, good move Eddie.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I agree with what Merc said, definitely. Way to step in it, man.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
On substance I agree with him about Laura Ingraham's criticism of Obama being overseas. So he was in Ireland drinking a beer, he's not Superman, he can't fly to the US and fix everything that is wrong. There are agencies that report to the Executive Branch that are there. They're going to do a good job or a bad job, not based on him physically there or not.

Calling her a slut was beyong the pale, though. It was uncalled for.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
It's not blind, nor hatred. I've seen his show and it was a laugh a minute. Just like Maddow. I don't hate him, I really don't care about him. But he will get a pass just like Letterman and the countless others on the left who can say the most dispicable things and be excused. Remember what happened to Imus for using the term "hoes" jokingly? Will Schultz lose his show or face other serious sanctions? Yet another example of the typical double standard employed by the left.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
It's not blind, nor hatred. I've seen his show and it was a laugh a minute. Just like Maddow. I don't hate him, I really don't care about him. But he will get a pass just like Letterman and the countless others on the left who can say the most dispicable things and be excused. Remember what happened to Imus for using the term "hoes" jokingly? Will Schultz lose his show or face other serious sanctions? Yet another example of the typical double standard employed by the left.
Oh come on now, this is not exclusive to the left. Rush Limbaugh has said plenty of things that were unkind and gotten away with it.

We all have filter-failures from time to time and say things that we shouldn't. And let's face it, part of the reason that people like Ed Schultz and Rush Limbaugh have talk shows in the first place is because they are willing to speak their minds, and people want to hear it.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Oh come on now, this is not exclusive to the left. Rush Limbaugh has said plenty of things that were unkind and gotten away with it.

We all have filter-failures from time to time and say things that we shouldn't. And let's face it, part of the reason that people like Ed Schultz and Rush Limbaugh have talk shows in the first place is because they are willing to speak their minds, and people want to hear it.
I listen to Rush and have never heard him call someone a name like slut. But I have often seen his words twisted to fit the template.

But I think you're right. People do make mistakes. But the double standard remains.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
How does the double standard remain if everyone says things that are out of line from time to time?

I've never heard Rush call anyone a slut either, but he did very unkindly imply that Michael J. Fox was faking his Parkinson's symptoms when he spoke in favor of stem cell research. I don't want to delve into examples from each side and split hairs about which is worse; I'm just saying that it comes from everywhere so how is there a double standard?