• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sex sells on ebay?

omgbay

Well, not literally.

Has anyone noticed that there seems to be a trend where if someone is selling... lets say a nintendo wii. They will have an attractive female holding the box. It doesnt seem like it would make a big difference, but the views are so much higher than on other similiar auctions. Something to think about.:rolleyes:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've noticed that too. I've also noticed that attractive images in general attract more viewers than auctions with crappy or no images.

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
Ive noticed that. I think its a combination of attractive person holding it, as well as proof that the item exists. My mom has made a career out of selling on Ebay, and we've noticed that Items that are actually photographed instead of using a generic web photo get more hits and sells faster..Something to ponder

7DollarBlog

Yeah...it seems like it's turning into another myspace sometimes. I guess if you're selling steak...you don't sell the steak...you sell the sizzle!