Sex in the Cathedral

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by ysabel, Jun 9, 2008.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Atheists caught having sex in cathedral - CNN.com

Do you find what the couple did offensive, funny, daring, or what?

2. eveningsky339

eveningsky339 Registered Member

Offensive. This couple was stupid to do such a thing in a place of worship. Trying to do such a thing in any place of worship would be rude and extremely disrespectful. :shake:

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

It's daring, I'll give them that.

Honestly, I think it's really disrespectful. Regardless of your religious beliefs, it's disrespectful to have sex in a place that is sacred to some people.

4. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

It's disrespectful.

Even if I were atheist, I would respect the faiths of others. I'm Catholic and to me a Mosque or a Synagogue should be treated just as well as my local church.

5. eveningsky339

eveningsky339 Registered Member

Exactly.

The couple said doing it in a place of worship was the same as anywhere else. Why not do it somewhere private? They were clearly trying to be disrespectful to the cathedral and perhaps the Catholic faith as a whole.

6. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

that is just plain stupid, get a room.

7. 6footninja

6footninja Registered Member

It's disrespectful. I am atheist, but I find it offensive still.

Have some fucking respect, I mean wow...

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It's both incredibly hilarious and disrespectful.

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

They had to have known they picked the wrong place. It's disrespectful any way they try to explain it.

They don't want beliefs imposed on them so how dare they impose their beliefs on others? They said it themselves:

So pick "any other place". According to their beliefs there's no difference so why did they go out of their way in the first place? They knew it was disrespectful and they wanted to raise a commotion. Simple as that.

Basically their beliefs allow for it so they found no reason not to. That type of thinking doesn't work in a society however. As daring or funny as it may seem I still think they should get in trouble for it. I'm sure there can be some sort of trespassing violation that can be held against them.

How dumb can people get though... :lol:

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Here's a different take by noGodblog :D

Personally, I think the couple knew exactly that what they're doing was wrong. It probably even added to the thrill of the sex. Saying they're atheists and therefore exempted was just a lame excuse.