Sex Change

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Dabs, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

How would you react, if after several years of being together, married or not, and your signiifcant other revealed to you that he/she had a sex change operation a few years before you met??
    No doubt it would be shocking!
    But, would you...could you??....remain with them if your relationship was stable at that time.
    Or would you walk away??

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

it would be shocking, but it wouldn't change who he/she is. If the relationship was otherwise stable, no I would not walk away.

I think, though, that I'd be a little hurt that it took him/her that long to reveal something like that, and I'd wonder if there was a fundamental trust issue.

3. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Oh wow, that is a tough one to ponder about. I mean it really wouldn't change the relationship from loving to awkward, ag least I don't think so. If I was dating a dude that use to be a chick I'd be shocked, but as long as she/he still can take it up the pooper then we're golden :D.

~Shwa

Bliss, Jeanie, Smelnick and 1 other person like this.
  4. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

To be honest, I'd be pretty wierded out. And a little upset, because postop girls, although girls in every way, aren't able to have children eh? So that'd crush my huge dream of having a few of my own kids. I mean, adoption is an option, but still. If I was just dating the girl, I'd most likely break up. I would try to stay friends, but I'm hoping to marry someone to have kids with.

However, if we were already married, then I'd of course love her, and I'd just have to accept the reality of it. I'd be hurt that she didn't tell me sooner, but I guess in the end it's about whats on the inside, not the physical appearances, or what they used to be.

5. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Very upset and dissapointed because he wasn't true to me.
    Also, I don't think I would stay with him anymore because thinking that he was a girl in origin, would make me take distance. It would be a psychological shock.

6. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I bet I'd have a gut feeling of I was dating a chick that used to be a dude. I mean, even if it were taking estrogen, a post op penisgina probably wouldn't quite look or feel like a natural vagina. That being said, I'd probably break up with the person. Simply put, I really am that shallow of a person and it would freak me out every time that I saw it.

7. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

I hear ya, I guess I would be called shallow too.
    If I were dating a guy, and he told me he was once a girl....no doubt in my mind, I could never be intimate with that person again.
    Because if they had told me before we got intimate, we prolly may have been just simply friends....there would have been no way in hell I would have ever let a relationship start~

8. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Why would it be shallow if we broke up with that person?
    Wasn't he shallow in the first place for not telling the truth?
    Lying is the easiest way and if he didn't care then why would I care about that relationship anymore?
    When something shocking happens in a relationship, I can't act as if nothing happened, otherwise that would be shallow.

9. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

You make a very valid point Elly....it would be the other person's fault, not ours.
    I actually wouldn't be very nice if something like that happened to me ~LoL~
    Truth, I would rip his/hers eyeballs out or something :mad:

10. konboye

konboye Registered Member

Okay, that is a heavy one. Hmmm, uggghhhhhh, Jeez, for a guy, chances of that shit happening should be very limited, that is, unless you like them skinny, for guys like me that like them heavy and well stacked, I can tell just by looking at them. But I could be wrong. Thats why its always advisable to meet your partners friends and family, really really KNOW each other before committing to anything. Especially in this age of tech. advancement that promises anything to anybody who is half crazy and thinks he/she is a she/he. Capisce?