• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sewer Water Beer

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
OPB said:
A wastewater treatment operator wants to give its recycled sewer water to a group of home brewers so they can turn it into beer.
Sewer Water Beer Wins Oregon Regulators' Approval

I'm sorry but no, I don't think I would want beer brewed from sewer water no matter how much it was cleaned up. Irrigate with it, water your livestock with it but don't expect me to drink it. Well maybe if I was dying from thirst.

Thoughts?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
If I saw the way it was treated and I saw it tested for contaminants using a system I understood, then I would have no problem drinking it. Especially if UVC treatment was part of the process. We drink recycled water all the time, it's all part of the same global water system. It's just the idea of drinking recycled water that repulses people. The reality is that it's fine if properly processed.

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't just the thought of where it came from would make me gag.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Like I said, some portion of every drop of water you drink has had contact with waste. People waste, fish waste, animal waste, bacteria, decaying matter, insides of bloodstreams, kidneys, and bladders of things both living and dead. Just think of all the nastiness a drop of water goes through in the millions of years it spends wandering the globe before making it's way to your glass. :)

- Cham

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I wouldn't just the thought of where it came from would make me gag.
If you knew where a lot of our food came from, you'd probably stop eating it too :D

I can't say I'd be up for a cold glass of Shit River Ale, but more power to them for even trying.