• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Severe Storm Over Majority of U.S.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
A ferocious storm system was hurtling from Texas to the northeast Thursday, threatening to lash a long arm of the U.S. with buckets of rain and high winds as officials in three states postponed trick-or-treating to Friday.
I've experienced a rainstorm on Halloween in 1991 and 2005, but this one has got to be the longest Halloween rainstorm I've ever seen yet! For those of you going to Halloween parties tonight, be careful on the roads.

Severe storm system looms over wide swath of US as rain, floods lash Texas - U.S. News

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Kids are going to have a wet Halloween here. Its been raining all night and its still raining. I hope its pushed out by evening because they haven't called off trick or treating here.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
We had heavy rain here all last night and it was still raining when I woke up this morning. I think it's supposed to rain all day. Sucks for the kids on Halloween, but if they want candy, then they better be tough and brave the elements. I remember it pouring on Halloween when I was in 5th or 6th grade and my friend and I went out trick or treating anyway.

dDave

V.I.P.
I almost feel left out, our weather has been much warmer than it normally is at this time of the year, we've had minimal rain and we only had some snow on one occasion.

If anything, rain will make Halloween just a bit more eerie feeling. That's the whole intended goal anyway, right?

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
We had heavy rain here all last night and it was still raining when I woke up this morning. I think it's supposed to rain all day. Sucks for the kids on Halloween, but if they want candy, then they better be tough and brave the elements. I remember it pouring on Halloween when I was in 5th or 6th grade and my friend and I went out trick or treating anyway.
Did they give you extra can't though? They should have had plenty of extra haha

I wish we could get some more rain out here, as we always need it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its been really warm here today, about 70, I've had my windows open. It finally stopped raining about an hour or so ago but more is expected. Maybe it will hold off for a couple of more hours for the kids.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Did they give you extra can't though? They should have had plenty of extra haha
Extra candy? Maybe. I do remember filling up like half of a pillow case. There are definitely less kids out trick or treating in bad weather.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I spoke too soon, the wind started blowing and the next thing I knew it was raining heavy. Lost my satellite internet connection. Looks like that might be the end of it so hopefully Halloween isn't spoiled for the kids.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Believe it or not, the rain stopped at around 5 pm in my area. I saw kids trick-or-treating at around 7:30. However, I saw remnants of the rain on my window. There could be more rain coming.