Seven Wonders of the World

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
What are your "Seven Wonders of the World", GF?
...Feel free to list places you've already been or places you'd like to visit.:)

In no particular order, mine are:

1.) Brazil's, "Statue of Christ the Redeemer" in Rio de Janerio.
...I went to Brazil a few years back and was fortunate enough to see such an amazing, breath-taking sight. No picture can do these views any justice.

2.) The Eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo, Africa. Never been although plan on going once my daughter's old enough. Would absolutely LOVE to see these big fellas live and breathe in their own habitat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BPzr4T8zsU

3.) The Northern Lights of Aurora Borealis in Norway.:bow:

4.) The Coral Sea, off the coast of Queensland inNE Australia.

5.) The Maldives, an island country in the Indian Ocean in a beach hut over the sea.:bow:
...My husband and I have been to The Maldives, once.

6.) Migrating animals in The Serengeti Park, Tanzania.

7.) ???
...I don't have a #7, yet.

Last edited:

Bjarki

Registered Member
From the top of my head: (in no particular order)

1.Hagia Sophia

2.The Kremlin

3.The sistine chapel

4.The mountainous regions of China

5.Taj Mahal

6.Angkor Wat

7.Himeji Castle

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
Ohhhh, if you happen to go to the Taj Mahl, I assure you, you will not be disappointed. It's GORGEOUS!!!

Speaking of gorgeous... The Angkor Wat in Cambodia would be a lovely sight to see in the flesh!:bow:
...Can you walk through it?

Bjarki

Registered Member
I believe so, although I'm sure they've closed down the most fragile parts. The complex is huge though, so there must be plenty to see :cool:

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I believe so, although I'm sure they've closed down the most fragile parts. The complex is huge though, so there must be plenty to see :cool:
Do you have any plans to go see The Angkor Wat?

My husband and I have a large fascination with old architechture and landscapes. To me, there's just so much more beauty, elegance and complex simplicity to it and is much, much more appealing than modern day buildings & landscapes.

Bjarki

Registered Member
Do you have any plans to go see The Angkor Wat?

My husband and I have a large fascination with old architechture and landscapes. To me, there's just so much more beauty, elegance and complex simplicity to it and is much, much more appealing than modern day buildings & landscapes.
I'm not much of a traveller, so not likely :)

I like modern architecture as well, although I have to agree that most of it lacks that special mystic atmosphere or elegant simplicity.

Modern buildings can be nice though :)

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I'm not much of a traveller, so not likely :)

I like modern architecture as well, although I have to agree that most of it lacks that special mystic atmosphere or elegant simplicity.

Modern buildings can be nice though :)
I just don't see the real beauty in new buildings like I do with the old architecture.:-/