Movies Seven Pounds

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by MAgnum9987, Oct 10, 2009.

1. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

OMFG, that is by far the BEST Will Smith movie ever! I'm a big fan of Will Smith, but Seven Pounds has Defied expectations. It weaves a story of secrecy and questions, but all the while grabbing the viewer in and wondering what the hell is with this guy, and it was just great. Absolutely the best Movie of his, of the year. Its about a man, who killed 7 people including his wife in a car crash, and then saves 7 lves.

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I enjoyed this film a lot. Definitely one of his best films. The story was fantastic and the ending was just perfect.

3. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I agree, Mag, Seven Pounds is a great movie. It really shows just how versatile Will Smith has become as an actor.

4. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I usually can't stand Will Smith as an actor, but I absolutely loved the movie and his acting in this.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I haven't seen Seven Pounds but I've heard that it was a terrible movie. I'm a huge fan of Will Smith I believe he's one of the best actors in the business today, so I'm afraid to watch this movie because of the bad reviews I've heard.

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

It got 7.6 out of 10 on IMDB, BR. You should go and judge it for yourself. Look at what people have said about not usually enjoying his films. Even if you don't enjoy this film (which would be crazy) it's still one you should definitely see. He was fantastic in it and the story was just amazing.

7. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

It's completely different from his other movies. Personally I didn't like the role he played it just didn't really "fit" him. His acting was great but I guess I didn't really like the movie much. I enjoy watching him act even though the plot in one of his movies "Hitch" I thought was very weak to say the least he seemed to fit the role better. While in "Seven Pounds" the plot was more complex and intriguing (but depressing) I didnt really think Smith fit the role of the main character.

Hell a lot of people didn't think Hancock was that great but I thought it was hilarious. He has been in some movies with relatively weak plots lately. But the Pursuit of Happiness and Seven Pounds although compelling I didnt really enjoy the plot that much.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

7 Pounds was terrible.

I barely made it through it yesterday and the movie was so convoluted and ran around so hectically that it was hard to follow or continue caring about. The movie does one thing and one thing alone: rip your heartstrings out. But that's it, nothing else.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't usually let people influence me when it comes to watching movies, same thing with bad reviews. But when I first saw the trailer for Seven Pounds I said to myself that it doesn't look all that good. I'll probably end of up watching it, but I definitely won't have high expectations like I do for his other movies.

10. Jeru

Jeru Registered Member

It made me cry like the first 5 times i watched it. I am a fan of will smith and this movie didnt change that at all...probably made me more of a fan actually.