• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Setting up Christmas gift registries

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thete’s a growing trend on sites like Amazon where you can set up wish lists and then give those lists to your friends and family. Do you do this?

I’ve done it for my birthday but not for Christmas. The pro is that people’s get you stuff you actually want, but it also feels kind of weird buying from somebody’s list for them. Like it takes out the thought process behind buying a gift.

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
I have been doing this since 2013 and what a difference it makes in helping my family buy exactly what I need for Christmas! It has also been a help to me in buying gifts for others. My mom thanks me every single year for introducing the family to the Amazon holiday list.

MissMe

Registered Member
I don't do it but I think it's a good idea if people ask for a list. My kids used to make one and send me the link. It made shopping so much easier!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
My husband recently discovered this list and he has a long one going already. I don't think he intends to give it to anyone other than me.