Setting a reminder

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
What do you do to be reminded about tasks you have to do on a daily/monthly/yearly basis? Is it necessary for you to set a reminder?
You have someone remind you about it, you take note of it somewhere, you use any application or you just don't forget about it ?

I usually set the reminder on my cellphone or on my computer.
i think it is necessary because most of the times i'm forgetful.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Sometimes, if i think of something I need to do later, I will set an alarm on my phone. It's kinda sucky though because sometimes I'm busy when the alarm goes off and I just hit cancel, and then I forget to actually do that thing after all. i always try to set reminders for myself though, because I tend to be pretty absent minded and forgetful.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I only set reminders for myself at work since I have tons of different stuff to remember. I have an electronic calendar on my computer that I post meetings or events in specific dates and time, I have a reminder that pops up five minutes before the actual meeting so I don't forget.

It's very useful.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I'm not a very forgetful person to be honest. I can remember appointments and things I need to do very well. But if it's very important or I'm really busy and I think I'll forget it I will write it in my diary and maybe write it on one of my little note things on me desktop.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I usually don't forget about upcoming meetings, dentists/doctors appointments or Bank appointments because my memory is quite good for that kind of stuff. But I do make sure that they call me a few days beforehand...especially my dentist because the appointment is set 6 months in advance.

A little off topic. I just wish I applied myself in studying back when I was in school because I could of done quite good instead of just getting by :D.

I'm very forgetful but I rarely set alarm type reminders. Usually if I have plans, it involves other people, so I have human alarms.

Thinking about it, I only have one date set in my phone calendar at the moment that I need a reminder for (ahem, fruit talk). I also have birthdays in there but there's no alarm for it.

For most upcoming events, I will just write it down in my school diary. Whether it is school related or not.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I usually set a task in my cell phone or sometimes Google calendar. My cell phone has had some problems lately where it resets without explanation and doesn't turn back on unless I notice it and reboot it manually. Because of that I haven't been using it as often lately for important reminders since I can't trust it to be on at any given time. :shake:

I like Google Calendar though because I can set it to email me a reminder or pop up a reminder.

Bliss

Sally Twit
All the important dates are in my mind so I don't have to write them down. However, I do have a diary which I write different things in. Even the ones I will never forget.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Most of the time I will remember things that I need to get done in a few weeks time or what ever, but sometimes just in case I will set a reminder on my phone becaue I always have it on me.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I keep a Weekly Log Book that has each day broken out from 5am - 7pm. That works for work because I can write down the upcomign bids and instead of having to load the webpage I can always just access that thing in blink of an eye.