• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Seth MacFarlane to Host Oscars

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Seth MacFarlane to Host Oscars | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo! News

This is extremely surprising to be honest with you guys. Not because he isn't suited for the job, because he actually is, but mostly because he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to offend anyone. Didn't think the Oscar people would ever hire him.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'm not surprised. If the Oscars want to be relevant again in the public eyes, you need to get younger with your hosts, despite any possible controversy. He's no Ricky Gervais, and he won't have a drink in his hands every time he come out. He knows his limits.

I may not like Family Guy or American Dad, but he made a good host of SNL, so he could make a good Oscar host.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
This is actually pretty epic, I am glad that Oscars is being very risky with this as he is quite a controversial person and does not give a shit whether he offends or not. Absolutely great.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
There hasn't been a good host at the Oscars for ages. Ellen was the last one that stood out to me. I really dislike Seth MacFarlane, I might not watch it and just check who won afterwards.

Impact

V.I.P.
They should get the creators of South Park to do it instead, that would be hilarious.

Anyway, choosing Seth MacFarlane makes sense if they want to appeal to younger viewers and be more relevant. Should be interesting to see how he does.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I like him, I think he's funny... and hell, he can't be any worse than James Franco.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
They should get the creators of South Park to do it instead, that would be hilarious.

Anyway, choosing Seth MacFarlane makes sense if they want to appeal to younger viewers and be more relevant. Should be interesting to see how he does.
Oh man, that would be a great idea, those guys are amazing. They recently hosted a segment of the Microsoft E3 conference and they were really good.