Series that made you cry.

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Malificus, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

One of my big measures for how good a series is is if it can actually invoke emotion, particularly, if it can make me cry. What series can you think of that got you to cry/tear up?

Anime I can remember for me are:

Voices of a Distant Star
    Eureka Seven
    Paradise Kiss
    RahXephon
    Kino's Journey
    Irresponsible Captain Tylor
    Clannad

2. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I haven't cried during an anime. There were a couple times I got choked up while watching elfen lied though.

3. shyguyjster

shyguyjster Registered Member

same here, though, the naruto filler with menma made me cry...i still get sad when i think about it...i miss menma...
    mahoraba made me cry on some parts

4. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Never cried while watching an anime. I have gotten choked up a few times though.

5. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

I clearly remember Fullmetal Alchemist making me cry. I can't remember any others though. I'm pretty sure there was, I've just forgotten.

6. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

I've never cried but I have felt some sadness during a few. Cowboy Bebop for sure because luckily it wasn't spoiled for me and I did not see that ending coming lol.

Also not good Mal because in my lineup some of the next few anime I'll be watching are Eureka 7 and RahXephon lol.

7. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Well I'm being really liberal with the word 'cry.' If there were tears, I say it counts. Even if it was from laughing really hard or something like that.

8. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

O I have cried from laughter several times. I cry really easy if I start laughing hard.

Melancholy School Rumble were two notable ones that made me laugh so hard I cried.

9. Ecclaed

Ecclaed Registered Member

I wouldn't necessarily call a tearjerker good just because it made my face wet.

For example, Wolf's Rain... was utterly depressing. It's the ending that kept me from listing it as one of my favorites.

Sure a lot of anime elicit emotion from me but it's when it gives me a sense of energy, profoundness and serious thought then I enjoy it the most.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  10. Industrialis

Industrialis Registered Member

I haven't watched enough good ones yet to really get involved. But the only anime I've purchased (besides my 12 versions of Robotech...) was RahXephon, and that show was just punishing at times. When I got to the final episode with Asahina Hiroko, I realized the rest of the show would be pretty hard to watch. And for the most part it was...

And yet I did not cry! But seriously...poor Hiroko. :(