• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Serenity

SystemMetrics

Registered Member
This is the movie to see if you like scifi. Its the movie to the Firefly series, and has a huge following. So far, everyone that I've had showed the series too has absolutely loved it. In any case, if you want to enjoy a great scifi movie, then go see this one (really what other good movies are out right now?). Its easily being compared to the original Starwars movies.

nman77

Registered Member
Being compared to the original Star Wars?? I don't think so bro. It doesn't look very good or original at all.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It's a movie to bring closure to FireFly, that's all. Fucking Fox.

SystemMetrics

Registered Member
[QUOTES]
"Like watching the original Star Wars for the first time, or better yet, watching The Empire Strikes Back... Mal is a guy who would shoot Greedo first."
-- Fred Topel, ABOUT.COM
[/QUOTES]

Personally, I think even comparing this movie to Star Wars, is defiling Serenity because frankly Star Wars isn't really that good (its only good when you compare it some of the other filth thats been cranked out of the Industry). Serenity is on a whole different level, and very well thought out. Plus the actors can actually act.

SystemMetrics

Registered Member
Atleast, I've actually seen both movies (multiple times) in the comparasions. Also there is a chance at a trilogy, but no series since FOX owns the rights.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Trilogy? Serenity is the first movie to come out of the FireFly series, isn't it?

SystemMetrics

Registered Member
Serenity is the first movie, but Joss Whedon wants a trilogy. We'll just have to see how much this movie makes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AnitaKnapp Bathroom Wall 18
Easily-Amused Movies & TV 17