Serena disciplinary release reported

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Tucker, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Various pro wrestling news sites including PWI and F4W are reporting that Straight Edge Society member Serena was abruptly released by WWE, apparently over the weekend. The latest from PWPIX states:

More details should be known soon, but it looks like Serena may not be receiving the customary "future endeavors" sendoff salute. It sure would be ironic if she failed a drug test, considering the role and storyline she was cast in at the time.

Here's wishing her well, at least pending discovery of the reason behind her departure.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow! I'm extremely curious to know why she got released. I doubt it's drug related since she probably would of just got suspended for it. This isn't a huge loss for SES though in my opinion.

I'll definitely miss watching her that's for sure. She was one of the most attractive diva's in my opinion.

3. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

I'm not seeing any "future endeavors" on WWE's site, and she's still on the Smackdown roster page....

In the SES storyline, she had relapsed. I can see that (another occurrence, Punk exiles her from the SES and the WWE) as a good way to write her out if she is actually gone.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

She got released because she didn't keep to the Straight-Edge lifestyle outside the ring. At least, that's what I've been hearing on a few sites.

5. Babe_Ruth

I don't think this is a work at all Unity. The recent reports that I've read it seems that she didn't stay in character outside the WWE.

If that's the case then I believe it's pretty stupid, the only way I would think the WWE have the right to do so if it says on her contract that she as to be "straight edge" in real life as well. Other than that, I find it pretty stupid.

6. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I really didn't know they could fire her for that. And why does it matter, if she wasn't "in character" on her days off? Does the WWE require it's talent to stay in character while not on the job in their contracts? Now, I'm confused.

Anyways, like BR said, its not a big loss for SES, but its defnitely a loss for the women's division, which really has nothing going for it right now.

7. Babe_Ruth

I believe certain wrestlers have to stay in character if they have a storyline going. For example, when Bret Hart had his cast on his left foot he had to keep it on wherever he went. I imagine it's the same thing for every member from SES.

But the thing is Serena is only 24 years old, it's experected for her to go out and have some fun, drinking and such.

8. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Looks like she's definitely a goner...which sucks because the women's division definitely needs her and she's really hot.

Maybe this means she can grow her hair back out and look hotter :)

9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

It would be a double-standard if she got released because she wasn't living the straight edge lifestyle outside of the WWE. Turn on Fox News or check out YouTube of Kane being on there constantly talking about his Libertarian views and what solutions he and his party have. He never gets in trouble, which makes me think that it's ok for the bigger stars to allowed out of gimmick while somebody like Serena isn't.

It's bologna. Everybody and their mother knows that WWE is scripted. Well, except for the few people that - let me remind you - started to sell stock of WWE when they 'heard' Donald Trump was going to buy the WWE from Vince. *rolls eyes* - Ok, other then THOSE people, the rest of us know what's really going on. If it is revealed that she was released due to her not living the lifestyle outside of the WWE then that will be a huge face palm moment for the WWE. It's stupid and a double-standard.

Oh, not to mention Triple H, Cena, Goldust, Jericho and others do it as well. Not only out there in the real world but on Twitter, too.

10. Babe_Ruth

I'm pretty sure that there was something on her contract that stated she had to keep a certain lifestyle outside of Wrestling since she was part of a pretty big gimmick. Yes, everyone knows that it's scripted, but doesn't mean that they can easily go off character after their "shift" is done.

Another thing that I read is that she got warned many times, but still didn't follow policy. She might be brought back in the future, but as of right now she'll need to find work somewhere else.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010