Senses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rebeccaaa, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

How are your senses? Well, the ones you can grade in terms of 'good' 'average' and 'poor' or whatever. I just always wondered whether people with, for example, really poor eyesight got compensated in other senses more often than not.

Like this...

Sight - I have good eyesight. I've never needed glasses for anything, which I find quite ironic seeing as I spend most of my time staring at a screen.

Hearing - I have average hearing. I've noticed that sometimes other people hear things before I do, but once I'm told what to listen out for then I'll usually pick up on it fine.

Smell - I have a bad sense of smell, which works to my advantage when eating certain foods. :nod:

(Its just a coinsidence that I had all 3 good, average and bad ratings.)

2. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

Eyes, wear glasses. Hearing, good since I distest loud music. Smell, average like can smell good food, but tastes like shit.

3. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

Eyes: My sense eye site is horrible. I have to wear really thick glasses, and still squint.
    Smell: I have a nose piercing, so sometimes my nose gets clogged up (snots dry on the back. gross, i know) so that sort of affects it. Other than that its a pretty good sense of mine.
    Hearing: I think I have a good sense of hearing, but I just get distracted a lot. I can only focus on one thing at a time.
    Touch(I know this wasn't on the list): I love to touch things. :]

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Seeing: I wear eyeglasses. Poor.
    Smelling: This one works fine. They get better too during pregnancies. Average.
    Hearing: My hearing must be so fine that I speak softly. Other people I know who speak loudly tell me they do so because they can't hear themselves. Good.
    Tasting: I have no idea. I'll just say Average to match smelling.
    Touching: Is sensitivity good or bad?
    Sixth Sense: Good.

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Sight - Good. I wear glasses for computers and reading only. I can see things up close and far away. After a while if I'm looking at words close up without my glasses it begins to appear blurry.

Smell - Great. I can usually tell what something is straight away when I can smell it.

Hearing - OK. I can hear music and TV fine but for example if my boyfriend is in the next room and speaks to me I usually have to say "What?" a couple of times so that he'll speak louder.

Taste - I'm going to say average because I am fussy when it comes to food. There are a lot of things I have never tried because the appearance/smell puts me off.

Touch - Like ysabel, I am very sensitive and I don't know if that'd be great or poor.

6. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

Sight - Pretty poor I must say. I need to wear glasses or I can't see anything.:shake:
    Taste - Average.
    Smell - I reckon I have a good sense of smell.
    Hearing- Always had good enough hearing, never had problems.
    Touching - Average I guess.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Eye Sight: I use to wear glasses, but dont anymore, won't surprise me if I need some in a couple of years

Hearing: It's not to bad, could be better, doesn't help that I listen to loud music

Smell: I have a good sense of smell, I can smell things that some other people can't, I can also smell things from very far that some people cant.

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Sight - Used to be horrible, but I've had the lasik surgery and now it's better than average.

Hearing - I can normally hear things other people can't, but I do tend to tune things out fairly easily.

Taste - Average. Sometimes I can pick out specifically what spices are used, and sometimes I can't.

Touch - I'm fairly sensitive to touch. I bruise easily as well.

Smell - I dunno, average I guess. I think my dog is trying to wreck it though with his silent but deadly emissions.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Sight: ugh I have horrid natural vision. Something close to being almost legally blind from what I understand. The optomitrist says when they get the version of the laser eye surgery down for astigmatisms he'll sign me up.

Hearing: Because of my bad eyes, I've relied alot on my ears over the years. So I'm happy to say I have great hearing. So much so that I can actually hear the electric buzz of a TV from almost 2 rooms away. And when I say electric buzz I'm talking about no picture no sound... just the buzz of the screen being on and blank.

Smell
    : I'm probably just average here, really thinking about it I know I can tolerate some pretty rank smells, but more often than not I can avoid things that really bug other people in terms of the smell.

Taste
    : Definitely not a super taster because I'm not picky what so ever when it comes to foods. Also I eat lemons (rind and meat all in one) without it bothering me at all. I dont remember if that was important on judging how your tastebuds were but I vaguelly recall it does.

Touch: Again I'm about average, nothing to brag about really.

10. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Eye sight: Pretty good, never worn glasses, never really had any problems regarding reading.

Hearing: Not too bad, I tend to pick most things up but I have to concentrate or I'll miss it.

Touch: I love toching boobies, so that's still in top shape!

Smell: Very sensitive, my sense of smell is extremely good, infact it can be too good, especially when around smokers, I'm not too keen on that.

Taste: Again revelatively good, I know what I like.

Oh and I see dead people....