Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm real interested to watch the Senior Bow, Tebow stated that he'll be playing. I don't think it help his draft status if he does play because the scouts already have four years of film on him. But it should be interesting to see how he does.

Anoyone else is going to watch this game?

2. SqueakScolari

SqueakScolari Registered Member

Ya, I am going to be watching. I have actually been watching a few practices this week as well. I am going to be watching especially Tebow today. It's weird, you take him out of Florida's offense and so far in practice, he has looked very mediocre. We'll have to see how he plays today but right now I don't think he will ever translate into a pro QB, as good as he was in college.

There will be a few other guys I will be watching. Ex-Seminole Safety Myron Rolle will be playing after a year away from football, when he was studying with his Rhodes Scholarship at Oxford University. He definatley had first round skills at FSU so it will be interesting to see where he is at skills-wise.

Two other guys I will watch are UAB WR Joe Webb and Tulane WR Jeremy Williams. Webb was a former QB at UAB and moved to WR this season; seeing how popular three-tool guys are (Harvin, Brad Smith); I think Webb's stock could really rise with a good performance today. As for Williams, he doesn't get alot of attention cause he's played with Tulane but everything I have seen of him, he's as good as a reciever prospect as anyone else in the draft.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'll be flipping back and forth between this and a couple college hoops games. Like you guys said, I'm most interested in seeing how Tebow does in more of a pro style offense.

Myron Rolle was a stud at Florida State. I totally forgot he had taken a year off. It'll be cool to see him back on the field.

There's only one Buckeye playing. Safety Kurt Coleman. He was the leader of the OSU defense. I'll be cheering for him.

4. SqueakScolari

Well, I caught about 3 quarters or so of action this afternoon. He were my thoughts on some of the players.

For Quarterbacks, let start with Tim Tebow. He looked uncomfortable but did not totally bomb out there. He will certainly be a project if he enters the NFL as a QB but in our first look at Tebow in a pro-type offense, he looked okay. Definitely he needs to improve his reads and overall awareness before he can make an impact in the NFL, but Tebow is willing to learn and improve and I think one day he might be a starter in the NFL, as long as he is not rushed.

Both Oklahoma State's Zac Robinson and Central Michigan's Dan LeFevour looked impressive. Both will probably be mid rounds picks in the NFL, but both certainly improved their stocks today. Robinson has the tools to be a starter at the next level if he continues to work while LeFevour is a real gamer, he looked good on the run and made some solid throws. Both need to make better, quicker reads if they want to play regularly in the NFL but I like the arms on both. Robinson throws a nice ball.

Two defensive players, Michigan's Brandon Graham and Florida State's Patrick Robinson, were all over the field today. Graham had a massive impact, eating up the opposing offensive line while Robinson was the best cover corner on the field today. Myron Rolle looked a little bit rusty out on the field today but he still has skills that will make scouts take a long look at him.

Cincinnati's Mardy Gilyard played really good today, perhaps the top player on the offensive side of things. Good burst of speed and decent hands, reminds me a little bit of Ted Ginn Jr. Meanwhile, Tulane's Jeremy Williams looks like he could be a good pick too. Great route-running.

I was not too impressed with the play from the safeties today. USC's Taylor Mays breaks to the ball well but he is a very poor tackler, I don't know if he can be a solid NFL starter unless that improves.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The rules for the game were pretty stupid. No blitzing, no d-line stunting, no two deep coverage, etc. Let them play football.

6. SqueakScolari

I agree. I have no idea why those rules were in place. The only reason I could see is that that way scouts can watch players in 1-on-1 battles but you would think they would just rather watch them in a game situation.

7. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

Firstly, as someone who hates Tebow with a passion, when I heard that he fumbled the ball twice from under center I laughed pretty hard. I'm also happy that Mardy Gilyard did well. I loved watching him at Cincy and really want to see him do well in the pros (hopefully for the Bengals).

Also, I can kinda see why they had some of the rules like the no blitzing and the like. Since this was basically supposed to be one final audition, you know that the players would want to give it their all and the last thing that you want is some overzealous linebacker seriously injuring a QB or even himself trying to show how hard of a hitter he can be.