Sending an IM to the wrong person

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Major, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Have you ever had several conversations going on IM at the same time and accidentally sent something to the wrong person? Have you ever said something bad about the person you accidentally sent it to?

I just sent something to Hybrix that was supposed to go to Anita. Luckily I wasn't talking about him. :lol:

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It doesn't really happen to me when I'm talking to someone on AIM or MSN, but it has happened to me several times when I'm texting someone on my cell phone, but lucky me it was never anything bad about the person I sent it to by accident.

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I have. lol My friend hates being referred to as Asian, even if she is. But everyone in our group has an ethnicity that they are called. Asian, Mexican, I'm the Lesbian. lol

and not just ethnicity, but something to describe the person.

And I was saying to a friend, "my asian friend is helping me." and I sent it to my asian friend and not to my other friend. ahah she was mad.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

It was still pretty juicy stuff. :naughty:

I'd hate to wrong IM that one to the "right" person, that's for sure. :lol:

5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

whoa wait, you have The Brix's number? I thought that shit was top secret.

Yeah I did, and it was so wormy I almost got diarrhea from it. My friend Emily had just had a baby, and she was having a hard time nursing, and finally had to stop. I sent a text to WHAT I THOUGHT was our mutual friend Marie that said "Em gave up on nursing" but I SENT IT TO EMILY

:paperbag: I still get all hot in the face when I think about it, and her baby is over 2 years old now.

Nixola likes this.
  6. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I don't tend to gossip that horribly much, and so when I DO send an IM to the wrong person, it's never been something that got me into trouble. Usually it's kinda funny actually. Usually my IM convos can be a little strange and random, since that's the way I am lol, and so typing the wrong random to the wrong person tends to confuse the heck out of them lol.

7. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Yes just a little strange and random. I seem to remember one about a GPS with an Australian accent :dunno:

I've never really sent an IM to the wrong person. I've clicked the wrong persons name and just said Hi or whatever, but then i'll start a conversation with them anyway so it doesn't really matter. What i'm really bad at though is sending texts to the wrong people. My old phone has an annoying habit of changing to the last number I text or called, and I usually make sure to double check the number before I send but it has caught me out a few times. Once I sent a message to my foster mum saying that she was a complete bitch when it was meant to go to a friend. Yeah that was awkward :-/

Nixola likes this.
  8. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I hate it when I do that, it hasn't happened recently though since I am hardly ever on AIM anymore.

It is really annoying when it happens because usually it just looks like you don't know what you're talking about and it's too hard to explain.

:lol:

Pay attention is the moral of the story I guess.

9. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't do it on IM much, but I do send texts to the wrong person. Kay is usually the recipient of misguided texts.

Nixola likes this.
  10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

nah I dont spend to much time talking about other people. I got to much crap going on in my own life ot worry about some dramas. lol so chances are even if I send someone the wrong text, chances are my conceited ass is talking about the same thing with them as I am the other person. :hah:

I may not be smart enough to hold multiple conversations, but I am smart enough to manipulate multiple conversations into the same topic!