Send Your Google Calendar Agenda to Your Cell Phone

Discussion in 'Technology' started by leopard22, May 2, 2006.

1. leopard22

leopard22 Registered Member

Just came across this cool piece of info. If you've gotten into the new Google Calendar feature, looks like with a little effort you get it to send your agenda to your mobile phone. Here's the directions:

Someone discovered this by replying help to the SMS short code that event reminders were coming from. Once your mobile phone number is validated by Calendar, you can request a daily agenda whenever you need it by texting the message day to 48368. Immediately after sending, you’ll receive a text message with your agenda of events for that day. Each event includes name, time, and location information (if location exists for that event). I like that I can ping Google Calendar whenever I want, no matter where I am. I also like that it’s by request, since I wouldn’t do this very often, and I don’t want my agenda automatically sent to my phone every day. More details on other SMS tricks here. This person uses the letters GVENT to remember the Google Calendar’s SMS short code. Note: Currently supported only in the U.S. Note 2: It appears the agenda sent only includes events on calendars grouped under your “My Calendars” list, and excludes events on your “Other Calendars”, which makes sense to me.​

Got this from a web page devoted to all things Google Calendar. I'd recommend it if you're getting into using the Calendar - lots of good tips there.

http://www.stopdesign.com/log/2006/04/29/google-calendar-tips.html