Send this to 5 Friends

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Or the Nipple Gnome will claw your Areola out while you sleep tonight.

~~~~~~~

Seriously though... how many of you ever "send this to XX friends"? You know what I'm talking about, its usually some stupid "Copy/Paste" sentence like Anita was talking about here:

http://www.generalforum.com/millz-sucks-monkeys/why-facebook-lame-65243.html

or its an email chock full of pictures and some manufactured heartwarming story about a kid being saved by a dog that served 2 years in Iraq with only 3 legs and a crooked spine.

But they all end with "send this to XX friends and you will (insert reward or punishment here)". lol Do you ever do it in fear or hope that that reward or punishment will actually happen?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Chain letters you would call them I believe. No I don't care for those type of things. It was pretty huge when I was in high school, my hotmail account was filled with them.

Now when I get them, I don't even read them I press the delete button and that take cares of them.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
jesus christ, dude. OW!

I delete them immediately and get irritated. I'm not superstitious about that kind of stuff.

lol @ the dog with three legs and a crooked spine

I hate them so much. :stare: Right from when I was a kid on MSN, and my friends would be pasting me these messages every now and then.. some were scary and threatening, others were 'pass it on to show you're a good friend' or 'something great will happen if you do this' etc etc.. oh man they annoyed me so much lol, mainly because I couldn't understand why people actually believed them.

I think the worse type of one was probably; "send this to 15 people, no more and no less, then once you've pressed send, your crushes name will appear on the screen." ... I mean, really? Reeeeeally?

I don't get them so much anymore, due to hardly ever being on MSN (and my friends have grown up :rolleyes:) and not bothering too much with personal emails. My nan is still a culprit though. She sends me at least a couple a week, they're always the ones with all the pictures and smileys along with the 'pass it on' crap. I really do not like them, especially when they try and make you feel bad for not doing it.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Chain letters you would call them I believe.
yeah they were chain letters, you are correct. :hah: I was just to proud of myself coming up with "Nipple Gnome" that I forgot to call them Chain letters in the meantime hahahaha.

~~~~~

I never send 'em. According to the Emails I should have stopped having sex 12 years ago, killed 42 kittens and 28 ethiopian orphans, Am not a US Citizen and in no way shape, form, or fashion support our Soldiers, Shall be loveless for the rest of my life... oh and my favorite was suffer from Spontaneous Dental Hydroplosion many times over.

However the sad thing is, most of them say "send to 5 people" or even more.... I dont really even have 5 people on my normal Mailing list :hah: So I'm doomed no matter what I do!

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
"Spontaneous Dental Hydroplosion"?

What the fuck is one of those when it's at home?
------
I don't get many of those these days, if at all. Could be when I changed my e-mail address.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
"Spontaneous Dental Hydroplosion"?

What the fuck is one of those when it's at home?
I lawled at it because it was a ripoff from "The Office". I think it was season 1 or 2 where they were coming up with fake diseases. Pam came up with "Spontaneous Dental Hydroplosion" as hers... a disease where your teeth would just randomly burst into water and drain down your throat at any given time. :hah:.... I dont know why I retain that kind of information.

its funny to as I was writing this I actually had one of these emails sitting in my inbox, its says and I quote:

Send this around to your friends. People need to know before everyone forgets.

People today are trying to change the history of America by leaving God out of it, but the truth is, God has been a part of this nation, since the beginning. He still wants to be...and He always will be!

If you agree, pass this on and God Bless YOU!

If not, May God Forgive You!

Last edited:

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
The first time I ever received a "send this or you'll die" message, I decided to tempt fate and not send it.

I survived.

I don't know what I hate more; the fact that people add those stupid things to every irrelevant thing they have to say, or the fact that it works. :mad: What's the point? I'm tempted, sometimes, to send a reply:

"Hi. Send me another chain message, and you'll die. (no really, I'll come over and kill your superstitious ass)"

Last edited:

Wade8813

Registered Member
I've considered sending it if the original thing was actually cool/heartwarming, but I never have, and if I did, I would delete the "you must send it" thing...