• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Send the military after Congress

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) vowed that, if elected president, he would use the military to force Congress to reverse cuts to federal defense spending, Vox reported.

Sen. Lindsey Graham: My first act as president would be sending the military after Congress
Are you kidding me Mr. Graham? You would actually force congress to vote the way you want. Doesn't seem too constitutional. Guess Graham would have no problem with marshal law either. Glad hes not president.

Thoughts?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
He's a scary guy. If you listen to the clip, he was not joking. He will never be President, but he is a very powerful Senator.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes he is scary, I don't see how someone like that gets so much power. Someone like that would have us all living under marshal law if we didn't do exactly what he said.

I doubt there is any chance he will ever be president. Wish he wasn't involved in government at all.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
“What Lindsey Graham is proposing is to physically force members of Congress to vote how he commands,” Amanda Taub wrote. “His plan violates constitutional separation of powers in just about the most extreme way imaginable, by forcing the executive branch’s will on the legislature. And it is a pretty safe bet that Senate rules do not grant the president authority to have the 101st Airborne Division occupy the Capitol until Congress votes the way he wants.”
This is just an extension of what has already taken place. Executive powers will now become absolute, whether or not it is legal or constitutional. The powers that be know that impeachment or recall will never happen so they can do as they please, and they have already proven it. But the president is Black so nothing else matters. Yay! I can hardly wait for martial law, I'm so excited! Aren't you?

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's another scary dude rumored to be running: http://ecowatch.com/2015/03/16/al-gore-sxsw-punish-climate-deniers/
Graham and Gore need to form a ticket and run together. Anyone who doesn't believe we should be in an endless war and anyone who doesn't follow Al Gore's Earth religion will be shot.
While I think man is part of the problem with global warming I have a problem with forcing people to think like others want them to. That's not democracy that's communism. Seems some in our midst wants everyone to conform to their way of thinking.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Lindsey Graham is an idiot who has no chance of winning. This comment is indicative of why.

dDave

V.I.P.
I hope that Graham runs for president just to obfuscate the vote for Bush and Christie, I'd want all three to lose though. Seriously, this one comment is enough to make him unelectable, idiot.

Sometimes you have to wonder, have these people ever read the Constitution? and are they on our side?