Senators and Heatley Reach Agreement

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by andrew_bishop, Oct 4, 2007.

1. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Damn Sens. Good move on their part though. Heatley is for sure among the best players in the NHL this year and has been for awhile. His goal scoring ability is almost unmatched and he can take nothing and turn it into a good chance. Very smart move by the Sens here IMO.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It took the Sens awhile to reach an agreement with Heatley but they finally did, and I bet they're really happy about this. Heatley is one of the best goal scorers in the league, and he's going to be there for another six years now. I hate the Sens with a passion, but I do like Heatley, he's an incredible talent.

3. andrew_bishop

Yeah not a lot of Sens fans here so not many people happy with the deal but I guess that don't matter.

Im surprised the deal is for this long though. Heatley stated numerous times before he didn't wanna be tied down to one team for a long amount of time and six years is a long time.

4. When was the last time the Sens won the Stanley Cup?

5. andrew_bishop

They havn't won the cup in their modern day existance but they won it I believe in the early 1900s not sure which year however.

6. Slimpy

Slimpy Guest

That deal pretty much ended redden's days in ottawa, either during or after this season.

7. andrew_bishop

Well I doubt many teams will be interested in the guy if he keeps playing like he did in the finals last year. That was some sad ass hockey.

8. Slimpy

Slimpy Guest

Yeah I know, but it is still redden, hes a soild defencemen on most nights.

9. andrew_bishop

Yeah on most nights. There is a market open for him and if I was a member of the Sens staff I'd try and deal him off. Try and get something for him at least.

10. Slimpy

Slimpy Guest

If they are smart they will deal him. They should market him around for a few months and see what they can get for him.