Senator Harry Reid bribing Sen Landrieu - costing us $100 mil

Wade8813

Registered Member
Sen. Harry Reid Woes Skeptical Democrats for Health Care Bill - ABC News

And what does it take to get a wavering senator to vote for health care legislation?

Here's a case study: On page 432 of the Senate bill, there is a section increasing federal Medicaid subsidies for "certain states recovering from a major disaster."

The section spends two pages defining which states would qualify, saying, among other things, that it would be states that "during the preceding 7 fiscal years" have been declared a "major disaster area."

ABC News has been told the section applies to exactly one state: Louisiana, the home of moderate Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu, who has been playing hard to get on the health care bill.

In other words, the bill spends two pages describing would could be written with a single world: Louisiana.

Reid, who drafted the bill, cannot pass it without Landrieu's support.

How much does it cost? According to the Congressional Budget Office: $100 million.
I'm getting really sick of this nonsense.

Last edited:

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Politicans = corrupt.

This just proves they will sell their vote if the price is right. Constituents? Who are they?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
$100 million would buy health care for a lot of people. :-/
That is no joke! .1% of a hundred million would pay off my college Debt completely, clear out any other debt I had including the final payments on my truck, then cover Private health insurance for about 10 years at my current pace :hah:

Screw it! I Know I could use .05% of a hundred million and get the same accomplished.