Senator B Under The Microscope

Discussion in 'Under the Microscope' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's time for one of our Super Moderators to go Under the Microscope. Are you ready?

1) When I first imed you on aim asking you to join these forums, and I finally convice you to join did you expect to have over 3800 messages?

2) Who's your idol?

3) I don't think your much of a sports fan, but what's your best sports moment you've seen?

2. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

What is your favorite video game?

Favorite book?

Song?

3. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

-definitely not... I expected to post a few times to get you off my back, and then never be seen again. I think I posted like 10 times before leaving. A month or two later I got an email saying something along the lines of that there was a media trading center available only for members with greater than 50 posts... I wanted to see what this was like, so I posted up to 50. It turned out to be relatively dead, but by making all those posts, I got involved in a bunch of different MD discussions, and they kept me interested in the site.

-I haven't really got an idol, but I look up to anyone who is able to overcome adversity to accomplish something great...

-You're right about me not being much of a sports fan, but my uncle took me to a Giants /Dodgers game a couple years ago which ended really close (Giants won) and that was pretty awesome.

-Planescape: Torment is probably the best game I've ever played, but WoW is a lot of fun too.

-Songs of Earth and Power, Lord of Light, and A Game of Thrones are among my favorite books.

-Favorite song is even harder to choose than a favorite book or game, but Iron & Wine - The Trapeze Swinger is definitely up there.

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Where exactly do you live ? ( i am guessing CA since youve seen dodgers and giants)

Pepsi or Coke?

Favorite Philosopher and or Philosophy?

Boxers or Briefs?

What does the B stand for in your name?

5. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

What do you do in your spare time?

Every play any sports or on any teams?

What does your future hold for you?

6. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

-I do live in CA, and I move back and forth between Sonoma (where I have my apartment) and Marin (I often come down on weekends to visit friends) counties.

-Coke... rum and Pepsi just doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

-mu

-Boxers are more comfortable, and lend themselves to less awkward pants-less situations.

-The B stands for Bartuk. Years and years ago, in middle school, I played violin in the school orchestra... apparently there's such thing as playing a note bartuk style (pluck the string so it hits the fingerboard)... I played it and snapped my string, and for the rest of the year in that class I had the nickname of Bartuk. A bit later when I made my AIM screenname, I combined my two nicknames of Senator and Bartuk to just be SenatorBartuk... since then, I feel the Bartuk part has lost its relevance, but that Senator is too plain and unpersonalized, so SenatorB is the modern version.

-If I'm at my apartment, I play WoW or lan games with my roommate, listen to music, mess around in photoshop, or if we're feeling particularly ambitious gather people and have a party. If I'm home for the weekend, I hang out with friends almost constantly.

-In high school, I ran varsity Cross Country for four years, and ran the 1 and 2 mile in Track & Field for three years. I was never spectacular at it, always sort of the middle of the pack, but it was a lot of fun and I made lots of friends being part of the team. Many many years before that I was on a couple soccer teams and I think I may have played basketball but I forget.

-I expect that at some point in my future, I will be homeless, and then I'll get bored of being homeless and actually apply myself... at which point I'll innovate something and become wealthy. Alternatively, as the threat of homelessness becomes more imminent, I may become motivated and apply myself right away without actually becoming homeless, at which point I'll innovate something and become wealthy. Maybe an interlude of going back to college at some point. Or I might get hit by a bus while crossing the street. Or I might get murdered. Or I might not be able to innovate something, and I'll be forced to sell my body to science. Or something... If you really thought I could tell the future, wouldn't you be asking what's in your future, and not in mine?

7. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

What if any has been a turning point in your life?

Why do you enjoy fusion so much?

8. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

-Since I went to college, it's all pretty much been downhill from there.

-FC has always had a great mix of people and ideas... it's a bunch of random people getting together to talk about pretty much anything. I can't help but enjoy the intellectual debates and random discussions that take place here on a daily basis. Not to mention, I've got a history here now, so it feels hard to leave.

9. Hinata

Hinata La Coquette

So does that mean you life has been more boring since college? Have you not done much worth while yet? If you could change it would you?

What is something you still look forward to doing in your life?

10. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?

Who is your favorite author, and why?

Have you ever traveled outside the U.S., and if so, to where?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.