• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Selling your art?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am thinking about getting into the business of selling art meant for framing. Instead of selling one piece at a time and selling the originals I am thinking of selling prints.

Has anybody here had any success in this area?

It seems like it's always chalked up as an impossible field to get into but the more I think about it the more I think it can't really be all that bad.

$50 per print and maybe 2,000 prints in the first run. That's a sweet $100,000.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
The only time I've seen a print do well is when the original was incredibly popular.
I'm talking recent, basically unknown artists. Even then, $50 for a print is kind of high priced.
I've only sold my art on eBay, so that's all I can base my knowledge on. Maybe your target audience would be willing to pay that much, but you'd have to have your name out there and kind of known first.