Sell-Outs, Hum.

G

GreenFX

Do you think sell-outs are okay?

First, to prevent confusion, a sell-out is a musician (Band, Soloist, whatever) who makes music to make as much money as possible. For example, they sign up with large labels and leave their independant labels.

Some examples are: Green Day, Fall Out Boy, most of the major rappers, and almost all the artists you hear on the radio.

This is not always bad though, they may do it because they wanna spread their music to a larger audience by having the money to do so.

Although, others say sell-outs take originality out of music so they start making lyrics just about the popular things like love, rebellion, hate, how rich they are, or how sad they are, instead of how to solve problems to war or make world peace. They seldom sing about anything else.

So what do you think?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Although, others say sell-outs take originality out of music so they start making lyrics just about the popular things like love, rebellion, hate, how rich they are, or how sad they are, instead of how to solve problems to war or make world peace. They seldom sing about anything else.
I actually can't stand artists that insist on telling people how to solve problems and create world peace. That's just me though.