• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Selfless Acts

• Thread starter Anonym0uz Bitch
  • Start date
A

Anonym0uz Bitch

A book can be wrong, but this is the Fifth Edition, so I am sure they have had time to fix it several times should their be a typo or updated information. It does take a smart man, or men in order to right a book on a specific issue, or area of study.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
Still, even if it is the fifth edition, text books are only as correct as the writers. If they are biased, even if there happens to be 3 writers, they can be in agreement and still be wrong. It is not so unusual to include some form of bias in text books as some are biased on the uissue of religion or politics.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

They sure as hell are more correct then some definition by some online organization you found. Bias is less evident in textbooks that get reviewed over and over again...by other people then the authors, in order to update them, etc.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Double post, but I was thinking of a way to get around my original post and I may have some up with something.

I believe that if you experience empathy for the person you are helping, then it has the possibility to be altruistic. When I say empathy I do not mean feeling sorry for them, I mean that you know what they have been through, because you yourself have experienced it.