• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Self Harming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
So, what's everyones view on self harming?

I'm a bit of a hypocrite on this subject. When people harm themselves I go nuts and tell them there's no point, but I admit, I've started it myself on my leg. I did it to make myself feel better, not to kill myself. And it works, its really eased some pain. But if people are going to do it to some point where they're going to kill themselves, it's just plain stupid.

moose

O N03Z!!! 4 /V0Z!!!
I hate people who cut. I did it once, two weeks ago, when my friend died on my forearm. It didn't hurt but it did take away the pain. ironic eh?

Sephy

Forum Drifter
This is sort of a touchy subject and I hope Piccolo doesn't find it. Anyway, I have before. It was a bad time. I have since learned however that it is stupid and there are so many more things out there to make you feel better. Life has a lot to offer and you shouldn't spend it feeling depressed. We all get down, it is a natural thing. But you have to find things to make yourself happy. Just because someone dies, or someone breaks up with you, is no reason to cut yourself or do your body harm.

moose

O N03Z!!! 4 /V0Z!!!
It was just a scrape and its gone now. No scaring and high up on my arm so I didn't hit any veins. I value life .

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Ha. *hides it from Piccolo* It's crazy what little things can do. After I did it I was so perky it was so weird o_O. But now I realize that even when things get heavy I've got my college tutors to talk to, I don't need to harm myself anymore. ^_^

V

videl_da_bomb

It's very ironic that harming yourself physically could take pain away mentally. I couldn't do it...I wince over the smallest paper cut! People just need to find a more healthy alternative to ease their pain.

moose

O N03Z!!! 4 /V0Z!!!
It's not a slow thing; like draging a piece of glass over your skin slowly. It's like taking a sharp object and flicking it over your skin. It's painless. I hate doing it though, and that was my first and lets hope last time.

V

videl_da_bomb

None the less, slow or fast, other activities need to occupy your time; so you feel less depressed and have other more fun things on your mind rather then just keeping the sad thought there. I'm not saying to completely forget your sorrow, but to deal with the emotions in another way then harming yourself.

V

videl_da_bomb

I'm sure that if you really want it to be the last time it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.