• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Seinfeld is the world's best sitcom

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've been watching Seinfeld more and more again lately (at least one episode a day) and I have to say that I really think it is the best sitcom ever.

It's written so perfectly and thought out so far in advance that it's hard to compare it to anything new right now.

I'm not saying that another show couldn't come out later on and beat out Seinfeld for best sitcom ever, but, it would be really hard.

The characters are so perfectly cast, down to even the side characters. Jerry Stiller is hilarious. Wayne Knight dominates the screen as "Newman". The show is just awesome. I really have to say it is my favorite sitcom ever. It would take a TON for another show to replace Seinfeld as my #1.

Gwiz

Registered Member
I agree with you Andrew, Seinfield is one of the best sitcom ever created. However, I didn't like how it ended though. The directing and cast are great and they could of squeezed out several more years if they wanted to. I just love how Jerry always find a flaw or a slight imperfection with a girl he's dating and it alll goes downhill from there. My favorite character is Newman.

dDave

V.I.P.
My favorite character is Kramer because he always finds a way for something to happen. The best feature that I have noticed in the show is the very old Mac on Jerry's desk in his apartment.

Teorropy

I have to say that it is a great sitcom. I love Kramer andGeorge the best. I do love th episode with Elaine dancing, it was the funnest thing I ever saw. My side hurt on that one, I really thought of a special needs person when I saw her dance.

Okay you are right it is the best one I have seen. I plan on getting it on DVD.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's true about the Mac. Has anybody else noticed this? There is a Mac computer straight out of the 80's on Jerry's desk and it is never used in a single episode. It just sits there.

There's also a superman image, logo, or reference in a lot of the episodes. I'd bet it's more than half. Look on Jerry's shelves. Most of the time you'll see a superman figure. Other times Jerry makes superman references or comments.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Yeah, I totally agree. The cast, the filming, and the writers all set Seinfeld up to be a great show, and it is. The reruns are never going to go away.

dDave

V.I.P.
I do love seinfeld a lot, the situations taht they get themselves into are great. Has anybody here seen a great one lately?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Konshentz Video Games 1
AmericanMusic Movies & TV 41
thealigator Movies & TV 1
Babe_Ruth Movies & TV 1
willge87 Movies & TV 13