Segway Owner Dead, Drove Segway Off Cliff

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ummm... since this is a real story and not a movie, I'll keep my sarcasm to myself. But seriously, why would he take a Segway up into rough hiking areas?

To clarify the OP, this is not just "a" Segway owner, but "THE" owner of the company, Segway. He died by taking his Segway up into some rough trails and somehow ended up falling off of a 30 foot cliff, to his death.

Segway company owner dead, drove Segway off cliff - Drive On: A conversation about the cars and trucks we drive - USATODAY.com

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Wow, in West Yorkshire too O.O. Maybe he wanted to test it on the terrain and lost control? Guess we'll never know.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I'm so tempted to say something mean and scarcastic myself, but I'm afraid I might offend people. Taking a segway scooter to a hiking trail is such a stupid idea, I'm not even sure what to say without coming off as a complete bitch...

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
What is the point of hiking if you're going to be riding on a segway, anyway?

Oh well, as long as it's not G.O.B. I'm all good.

Kind of sad that he died in a way that would have been preventable.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
What is the point of hiking if you're going to be riding on a segway, anyway?

Oh well, as long as it's not G.O.B. I'm all good.

Kind of sad that he died in a way that would have been preventable.
Those are my thoughts as well, I don't see the point of riding one if you're going to be out hiking. While I feel for the guy and his family, this could have easily been preventable.

Dabs

Registered Member
And why was he alone??
I'm not a hiker, but I would think it would be better if 2 or more hiked together....or maybe he told everyone he was hiking, but he was trying to do some lazy hiking, wheeling it along instead of walking it on foot.
Or maybe there is some sinister plot, and someone else was with him, and pushed him and his Segway off the cliff to make it look like an accident.....one never knows.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I like to believe he got in a fight with his wife. And at the end of the heated fight she closed her statements with;

"Oh yeah you lazy Fuck, I hope you drive that segway off a cliff!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

This is an amazing story. Very ironic. I think these Segways are becoming self-aware and are starting to turn on it's human owner. Ever see Terminator? Skynet? Exactly.

By the way, this has to be the worst invention of the century. I don't understand why this guy thought it was a good idea to buy it.

Also, there was a report that he was giving away lots of his money prior to him passing. It could have been a suicide... or in this case, segwcide.

Last edited:

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I like to believe he got in a fight with his wife. And at the end of the heated fight she closed her statements with;

"Oh yeah you lazy Fuck, I hope you drive that segway off a cliff!"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

This is an amazing story. Very ironic. I think these Segways are becoming self-aware and are starting to turn on it's human owner. Ever see Terminator? Skynet? Exactly.

By the way, this has to be the worst invention of the century. I don't understand why this guy thought it was a good idea to buy it.

Also, there was a report that he was giving away lots of his money prior to him passing. It could have been a suicide... or in this case, segwcide.
Abandon all hope!

But seriously, I'm not sure what he might've been thinking. He more than likely was looking to prove something (look at the pic of the offroad segway in the article), and it went badly.

As for buying the company itself, it doesn't matter if it's a "good" idea or not. It made him a bunch of money, and that makes it a "good enough" idea.

Dabs

Registered Member
Abandon all hope!

But seriously, I'm not sure what he might've been thinking. He more than likely was looking to prove something (look at the pic of the offroad segway in the article), and it went badly.

As for buying the company itself, it doesn't matter if it's a "good" idea or not. It made him a bunch of money, and that makes it a "good enough" idea.

Yep it was a good idea alright....too bad he isnt going to be getting anymore good from it, maybe a nice headstone~