SEGA Sega Nomad

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by GameGenie, Feb 5, 2009.

1. GameGenie

GameGenie New Member

How many of you used this as a gym device.Wow play Genesis games on a small screen and get muscles.
    So the real question is what do you think of it,own one,sellng one?

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I don't think I know what that one is. Is it like a game gear? I had one of those but damed if I could tell you where it is or if I even still have mine.

3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

The Sega Nomad was a good idea in theory - a proper hand-held console letting you play all those great Mega Drive games on the go. However, it had several problems that led to its downfall. For starters, it looks like, and probably as heavy as, a brick. Doesn't make it very portable. Second, it was a power whore. Limited battery time compared to the Game Boy, and Ni-Cd batteries were a no go. Finally, it was released at a time when the 16-bit era was being replaced with the 32-bit consoles (Sega Saturn, Sony Playstation, Nintendo 64). People were looking towards new and better things and even if the Nomad had succeeded, it wouldn't have brought in many sales. The fact it bombed pretty much sealed its fate.

Having said all that, I will probably get one in the future, add it to the gaming museum I have going on here.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

It was basically a portable sega genesis.

[​IMG]

It definitely wasn't a bad idea of a console, it encouraged people ot get it because they could play their Genesis games right on it, they didn't have to buy new games.

The only problem with the Nomad is the fact that it loves batteries way too much, that thing ate your batteries alive.

5. GameGenie

GameGenie New Member

It was to heavy and lagre it's like holding a whole Mega Drive 3 complete with a controller

6. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I think they are pretty neat. In my house we collect old retro games and consoles. Luckily we got a great deal on one. $25 for one boxed with the rechargable battery pak, adapter, all the manuals, and 2 games.

My boyfriend actually plays it pretty often despite it mostly went to his collection.

It just didn't come out at a good time and definitely does love batteries.