Seether

Discussion in 'Music' started by idisrsly, Jun 18, 2010.

1. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

I am wondering how well known Seether really is? Have any of you guys heard of them? I've been a fan of theirs since their "Saran Gas" days and used to go to their concerts all the time. They we're not too well known even here, then they changed their name, moved to the States and apparently have now made it big.

Do you guys know them? Do you like them?

YouTube - Seether-Fuck me like you hate me

Sim likes this.

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I've always liked Seether ever since hearing one of the their songs on one of the Madden games, "Fine Again" I think it was. They're a good band.

3. Sim

Sim Registered Member

Actually, they are my favorite contemporary band.

Some may say they are not more than giving former Nirvana fans, who are stuck in the 90s and never managed to get out of it again, a substitute, sometimes even deliberately evoking associations to Kurt and Nirvana (clothing, voice, etc), and that's all they base their success on.

No idea if that's true. I just know I love them and I am a former Nirvana fan who's stuck in the 90s. ;)

And I never took their live cover of Nirvana's "You've Got No Right", where Shaun Morgan delivers a really creepy similarity to Kurt's voice, anything but a respectful nod.

Anyway, I'm a Seether fan since "Disclaimer II" and love their last album "Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces". Can't wait for their next album and I hope it will be released soon. I also like their first "Saron Gas" album ... sounds very authentic and not at all commercialized.

idisrsly likes this.
  4. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

They are hit and miss with me. I like the majority of their songs, but I cannot fucking stand 'Broken' especially the version with the girl singing in it. I really like their Disclaimer II album, would be my favourite.

idisrsly likes this.
  5. CaptainObvious

Really? I LOVE Amy Lee's voice. I'm not too crazy about the song, it's ok, but I think she is incredible.

Kibi and idisrsly like this.
  6. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Haha yeah, I find her voice really annoying. I think it's because right after Evanescence (sp?) formed, I heard a recording of her singing live, and I don't know if she was having an off day, or just sucked, but her voice was terrible. It's stuck with me since then, and I remember it every time I hear her sing and cringe.

7. CaptainObvious

I'm not a big fan of them as a band, I think they're songs are somewhat lame, but I listen to their music from time to time just because of her voice.

8. Sim

Sim Registered Member

Wasn't Shaun Morgen (Seether's guitarist and singer) involved with the Evanecense girl?

I was never crazy about this duet song. It was probably not much more than a stunt to get their respective fans to notice the other band. The more aggressive, less mainstream songs by Seether are more interesting anyway, IMHO.

9. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

No she is actually pretty bad live. I was pretty surprised at the difference between recording and live performances. Sometimes she struggles just to hit the notes and some are just impossible for her and she has to tweak the key beyond recognition. :-o

but as far as seether goes, I know they're from south africa! haha
    I think the first song I heard from them was Remedy on the radio back in the day. I was just getting into the rock genre and I liked their style. I don't have many other songs by them though. mainly just the singles

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  10. fractal

fractal Eye see what you did ther

I like Seether especially when it has Amy Lee in it.