Movies 'Seeing' a movie VS 'watching' a movie.

Cyberleader

Registered Member
Has anyone ever had the experience when you watch a movie with other people and they are talking, getting up during important scenes, general unattentiveness and are more 'seeing' what is going on than 'watching' and taking it in? Tragic. :shake:
Then later, they tell you it was OK, but can't tell you a thing about the film or any plot points? They ask, why this and why that and have no idea about obvious information and scenes? :sigh:
Sigh, probably an old issue, but I was confronted with it again last weekend. Getting up, grab a drink, texting - "no, no need to stop or pause, I'm taking it all in" - shyeah right. :rolleyes:

NINnerd

Survived a M&G with Trent
I hate it when people do this. I can't watch a movie if I know other people aren't paying attention, even if they say they're "taking it all in". They're not! They miss key stuff, and I'll say something like, "Well, did you see what just happened? Cause it's important." And they always say they didn't.

I'll just leave. :lol: I have no idea why it bugs me so much, cause it doesn't really affect me. But I guess I just like to know that they are seeing the entire movie.

This makes me want to strangle people. I absolutely hate when people do this. Usually I just stop the movie and go home or to bed if I am already home. Ha.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It's pretty annoying, but I guess it's their loss if they don't want to pay attention. Like one of my friends will go on the internet on his phone the entire time. As long as it's not distracting me from enjoying the movie then I try not to care too much.

Cyberleader

Registered Member
I tend to not enjoy the film that much and as a result turn it off if there is lots of commotion and talking. When I can't comfortably watch it, you know. :(
No wonder Hollywood gets away with a lot of drivel these days, they tap into the market of 'people who just stare at a screen' instead of 'people who actually watch films'. :lol:

I know people who aren't very literate in how film-making works - effects, directing and said 'who?' when I said Stan Winston had died, but for the most part they watch normally.

People always say to me, how 'did you get that idea' or 'get that conclusion' or'why did he do that'. Well, its nothing more spectacular than just watching the films properly to pick things up.

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
I'm kind of easily distracted so I can be one of those people that see a movie as opposed to watching it. If it's something I am uninterested in it is exceedingly hard for me to pay a lot of attention to it. If I am interested I tend to be one of those people that pick up the minute things in a movie.

Cyberleader

Registered Member
I'm kind of easily distracted so I can be one of those people that see a movie as opposed to watching it. If it's something I am uninterested in it is exceedingly hard for me to pay a lot of attention to it. If I am interested I tend to be one of those people that pick up the minute things in a movie.
That goes for most people though. Unless I am genuinely interested, I won't invest time or effort in a film.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
If I'm seeing a movie, it means I'm not interested in it, I'm just doing it to pass time.
I don't normally see movies, I mostly watch them and when I watch them it bothers me that others are just seeing it with me and not watching.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
My pet hate is film-talkers. I don't think I've ever come so close to killing someone as on the occasions that someone has talked all the way through and then asked "what's going on?". It kills me.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
ha! it's funny cuz i never knew the difference between see a movie and watch it.

i'm mostly one of those people who sees the movie. since i'm not really attracted by movies it's really easy for me to stop paying attention to it and go for something else [only in exceptional cases i stick].
whether i'm with others or alone, it'll be the same for me.
i remember a few nights ago [one of those rare times when i see a movie (and that was on my computer)] i interrupted it several times by pressing pause to do anything else or to check any thread on GF :lol: .
the movie that was 1hr30min long, lasted for more than 2hr30min just because i'd press pause several times and see what was going on around ...

so i'm a bad choice to watch a movie with.